Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha.
moving on.com lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
moving on.com lol
Time is a terrible thing to waste.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:06 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Quote:
I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
The bolded says a lot about your attitude. You obviously are more interested in looks than quality of the connection, and she is better off without you.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
The bolded says a lot about your attitude. You obviously are more interested in looks than quality of the connection, and she is better off without you.

The point that I was making was there are way too many females on the site for a guy to sit around and decided if she is comfortable enough to give him her number. If there is too much hesitation then he will just go to the next girl who will because no one has time for that paranoid stuff. If you are too scared to give out your number than the best thing to do is delete your profile.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Quote:
The point that I was making was there are way too many females on the site for a guy to sit around and decided if she is comfortable enough to give him her number. If there is too much hesitation then he will just go to the next girl who will because no one has time for that paranoid stuff. If you are too scared to give out your number than the best thing to do is delete your profile.
Men outnumber females 20:1 on those sites. One day you will see the flaw in your thinking. A lot of reward can be granted, when you allow a female to have a little control. It's cool, that you don't have the life experiences to understand, but one day you will. Until you can empathize why a woman wants to be safe, you will never understand how to eliminate that fear. It isn't a huge task, it's obvious since she called you right away. However, by getting pissed/irritated by her, further justifies her actions. In a sense you have made it worse for the next guy. Thus you are part of the problem.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:50 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
One day you will see the flaw in your thinking. ... It's cool, that you don't have the life experiences to understand, but one day you will.
With all due respect, if a 40 year male hasn't had one relationship his whole life and only a series of "first dates", it's not very likely that he's suddenly going to have an epiphany out of the blue and figure out how wildly flawed his thinking is. Not without professional help, anyway.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
With all due respect, if a 40 year male hasn't had one relationship his whole life and only a series of "first dates", it's not very likely that he's suddenly going to have an epiphany out of the blue and figure out how wildly flawed his thinking is. Not without professional help, anyway.
That guy is 40? I thought he was 18-20 wow...HIS bad

Old 02-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Men outnumber females 20:1 on those sites. One day you will see the flaw in your thinking. A lot of reward can be granted, when you allow a female to have a little control. It's cool, that you don't have the life experiences to understand, but one day you will. Until you can empathize why a woman wants to be safe, you will never understand how to eliminate that fear. It isn't a huge task, it's obvious since she called you right away. However, by getting pissed/irritated by her, further justifies her actions. In a sense you have made it worse for the next guy. Thus you are part of the problem.
I don't care about her past if she is that scared then she should not be on the site. The purpose of the first conversation is to determine if you want to give your number not talk again and decide.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
That guy is 40? I thought he was 18-20 wow...HIS bad

My age was never revealed and I'm not 40, in my 30's and been in 3 relationships in my 20's and only 1 short one in my 30's.

Right now I an just looking to spend time with several attractive women when I'm not working

Old 02-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I don't care about her past if she is that scared then she should not be on the site. The purpose of the first conversation is to determine if you want to give your number not talk again and decide.
Entitlement issues ! You are the problem, and reason why women won't readily hand out their numbers. You have probably gotten women here to take a stance against giving out their number, from reading this thread. Ok, maybe she decided she didn't like you, and instead of waking the monster, she chose to give you an excuse.

Yeah, those are lofty demands, why the need to farm numbers off the site? If she called you back, why aren't you happy with that? She may have given it to you after a few more calls. Having demands will get you little success with OLD. Women are not giving out their numbers to strangers. IDK, I think you are really missing the boat. I think you need to re evaluate your stance, it's projecting that you are controlling.

Last edited by vigueur2014; 02-07-2015 at 04:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships