Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So many girls waiting, but no one wants to date you!?
Just a rehash of the same awful dilemmas he's been posting about on CD since 2008. Some things never change over the years despite the aging process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 07:13 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
Why everything has to be on YOUR terms...

The girl seems interested: Face to Face is a good possibility also. If she wasn't interested at all...she will not brought up a solution.

The woman explained to you, she had a scary experience, respect that. Some women like to know the person face to face FIRST and then give you the number.

Don't be so "uptight" (my way or the highway) because you will end up, with either a boring woman who will do everything your way or worst...all alone.

A relationship is about giving freedom, you cannot really love everyone with a emotional (not to say real "oh my") gun pointing to your head.

If the woman is asking your for something not really attempting your freedom, self respect or whatever, I don't the see the point on not respecting her wishes.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:02 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,012 times
Quote:
When I am home it's the PHONE and that's it because the computer eliminates texting and the internet eliminates instant messaging. So I guess it makes sense just to ignore her call when she calls back next week. Plus I wasn't to thrilled to hear she is living with a male roommate lol

There is your answer to why she doesn't want to give you her number.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Another thread! Yay! But it's not you - it's them - right?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
After I sleeping on it I realize she is not that good looking for me to be waiting around for her to reveal her number like she is Ms. PA. So I have moved on and not looking back so I can focus on women less paranoid that;s looking for friendship.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Okay, then since you're just looking for friendship, why would you replace one friend with another friend? And what would it matter if she was or was not equally good looking as someone who'd give you their number if they were all just potential friends anyhow?
Because friends are supposed to have each other's contact number so she is not friend material.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
After I sleeping on it I realize she is not that good looking for me to be waiting around for her to reveal her number like she is Ms. PA. So I have moved on and not looking back so I can focus on women less paranoid that;s looking for friendship.
So basically, "You don't want to sleep with me? Well, you're ugly anyway!" Got it!

Although I find your threads highly amusing, I do wonder how you manage to get through life!

Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Because friends are supposed to have each other's contact number so she is not friend material.
Friends have each other's contact numbers AFTER they become friends. You are a complete stranger to her. You could be a stalker or a lunatic. In fact, there is a pretty good chance for one of those...

Old 02-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
"And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol"

^
Dude, if you mean this then she can probably sense that you are just into her on the superficial level and is being rightfully cautious. You are looking for something more casual and/or shallow based. She doesn't want to waste her time.

I don't even post picts on my profile anymore because of this. Too much "hook up culture" seeking and too much attention based on my picture captions only and nothing regarding anything substantial in the actual profile. (I describe my physicality very accurately and guys can take it or leave it. Most act like they dont believe me and leave it and/or can't be bothered. I find this very helpful in weeding.)

My fave used to be getting comments about "MY dog" when I say multiple times in the profile that it was a "friend's pet" and that I only have a cat.

Trust me, she knows damn well how she stacks up against the other women on the site. She also knows how you stack up against the men. Hence, no number.

How do you expect to compete with other woman if you have no picture?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:59 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Personally I don't blame folks for being paranoid/cautious when it comes to meeting new people.

Too may people like to lie and are crazy these days. I don't like giving out my number to random guys I just met either. Especially not over the internet. That's really not wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships