U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:27 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 48,616,283 times

Advertisements

Because the opportunity is available to them and since some Hot guys would sleep with average girls they figured they might as well give it a shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 06:42 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,279,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven6798 View Post
No,that doesn't answer the question.Because are they ok with talking to guys in their league outside of the bars and clubs but why are things different at the bar and club?
If i am going to be used for sex for 1 night,would not it make sense i get the best looking guy?

Are you looking for love or are you looking for an easy lay at the bar?

Old 02-02-2015, 06:44 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,279,881 times
OP,i do talk to average to ugly guys at the bar if they show me the money.

Buy her as many drinks as she wants.

If you are at a club,take her to the VIP section.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 AM

619 posts, read 482,377 times
I've actually never seen a woman approach a man at all in a bar before. Most women seem to be with their friends, male and female included and rarely venture out of their little group.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:25 AM

103 posts, read 77,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Because the opportunity is available to them and since some Hot guys would sleep with average girls they figured they might as well give it a shot
Absolutely, this

Old 02-14-2015, 12:37 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,148,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

That sadly is true.

For the women who try to date up at bars, I'd say it's a mix of liquid courage and some reason to think what happens at the bar stays at the bar (re reputation).

Old 02-14-2015, 04:09 PM

33,046 posts, read 20,897,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one9 View Post
Same reason average guys want to talk to the hot girls?

??? ??? ??? You must be ****ting me. I have seen that happen rarely. Not the norm at all.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Wow so you would only dance with average and below average looking guys at the club if they buy you a drink first or if they take you to the VIP section and you would only talk to an average or below average looking guy at the bar if they buy you a drink? But yet me guess if a good looking guy doesn't buy you a drink at the bar you would still be ok with talking to them and if a good looking at the club doesn't buy you a drink at the club and if he doesn't take you to the VIP section at the club you would still be ok with talking to him anyways?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:51 PM

12,878 posts, read 9,585,636 times
Go rent "A Beautiful Mind", starring Russell Crowe. The 2001 movie is about John Nash, a brilliant mathematician who identified something called the Nash Equilibrium in Game Theory while observing in a bar groups of women and men and the men who approach women, and the women who turn them down. This led to his dissertation topic. Nash earned his PhD with a 28 page dissertation (that is exceptionally short!!!) on this (Non-Cooperative Games), and this dissertation earned him the Nobel Prize in Economics.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
3,691 posts, read 2,665,234 times
How come everybody on here seems to imply that the average person is not hot. I have to tell you, 80% of the women I come in contact with, I am sexually attracted to them to one degree or another.

Anyway, I have to agree with the person who said, how hot you are has no affect on who you find to be hot. Somebody being out of your league won't stop you from being attracted to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or