U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 03:29 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,609,669 times

Advertisements

You could have told him you think it is inappropriate for older guys to ask younger women out. Instead of us.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:32 PM

13,667 posts, read 11,133,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You could have told him you think it is inappropriate for older guys to ask younger women out. Instead of us.
Lol, yeah, we know what this thread is all about.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 PM

718 posts, read 469,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I was uncomfortable in that situation so I did the first thing that came to mind.

I'm not interested in teaching an old dog new tricks. It's a free world. I was only trying to justify that being more direct, rather than saying a white lie, would have the added benefit of making it clear I was uninterested in his advances, rather than I was simply unavailable.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, yeah, we know what this thread is all about.
Yes, as you've mentioned, I just hate all middle-aged men.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:38 PM

535 posts, read 368,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Got to love the anonymous replies in reputation.

Someone wrote to me in a reputation comment, "The jealously is totally obvious. The more you older women post it becomes more apparent."
So rude and totally off base. So weird people actually believe this.

btw how do you give reps non-anonymously? I just click the little thing at the bottom of a post.. is there another way to do it?

Old 02-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Yes, as you've mentioned, I just hate all middle-aged men.
Of course, you do. It's well documented on this thread

Old 02-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Of course, you do. It's well documented on this thread
lol literally all I can do is laugh.

I mean, do you want a cookie because I don't want to have sex with you? As a consolation prize, of course. I know how hateful that must come across - not being interested in older guys. I'm just your run-in-the-mill ageist.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:44 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,881,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The ones that do clearly have issues, and as a man in my 40's that's the part that I would question. Hence the reason if I were single why I'd never ask a woman that young, for one, it would be creepy to her and 2 I wouldn't want a girl that young cause if she was into me, she's most likely crazy.... LOL, serious daddy issues, if you follow me.
My ex best friend sought out men old enough to be her dad. Her dad raped her and her brothers and I know she was only into older men because of this. The naysayers will say it's something else but as someone who was originally in college to be a psychologist I can assure them this behavior is common with women abused by their dads. They feel they can get no better. Incidentally she married a man a year younger but he's a bum who doesn't work and doesn't clean either (and never graduated high school).

So many of these men claim all these women want much older men but I don't meet a lot of these women. I know a few where the husband is considerably older but all were situations where they knew each other offline, like coworkers. Not one is a situation where a guy was seeking younger. In fact with online many women I know would complain about older men contacting them. I don't know anyone doing online who enjoyed getting a message from older men, not one. I only see this so called thing where women want much older men here on C-D Data and I frequent many sites and know many people.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 PM

7,488 posts, read 4,476,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
So rude and totally off base. So weird people actually believe this.

btw how do you give reps non-anonymously? I just click the little thing at the bottom of a post.. is there another way to do it?
Yes. If you click the scales in the upper right hand corner, you can write a comment. If you don't sign your name, the person won't know who the comment is from.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
lol literally all I can do is laugh.

I mean, do you want a cookie because I don't want to have sex with you? As a consolation prize, of course.
Lol. Little gurl, you got a lot to learn about men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or