Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 02:58 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times

Advertisements

Tell the old guy "I'm too young for you". He gets the message that he's way older, out of your league, you are not interested in older men specifically him, and you dud not provide a phone number. This really should be enough and cool his jets.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:58 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Ashley you have to learn how to get your bitchy face on so these types avoid you.
Best response ever!

Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I'm sorry, middle aged guys who hit on 18 year olds are predators.

Ashley you have to learn how to get your bitchy face on so these types avoid you.

I don't think the bitchy face works with most men since it gives them a reason to turn that look into a smile

Old 02-02-2015, 02:59 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
LOL, all these guys getting all butt hurt because an 18 yr old girl doesn't want a 40 something man....

Funny stuff I read here.... I've pretty much accepted that if an 18 yr old girl didn't like me that that's pretty much how things in life go... people in general should be a bit closer in age, just to have more in common, does it work when there is a big age difference, yeah, it can.....

It's not personal to me, at least I don't take it personally as some of the guys here have..........

Old 02-02-2015, 03:00 PM

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Strangely enough, there is actually a poster on here that met his SO when he was 18 and they have a 20/25 age gap. IIRC, they have been together for 20-30 yrs and happy from what that poster writes.
I don't know if you're trying to convince me to give this guy a chance or what, but no thanks, I'll stick with a 5 year gap. That's what I'm comfortable with.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Lol apparently if I do, I hate old men and I'm a narcissist. I've tried to be nice and polite and it hasn't worked to my advantage. I will never be outright mean, but I don't think I'm wrong for being uncomfortable by it.
You don't have to justify yourself to anyone. If a polite "no thanks" doesn't faze them then being mean is what you get left with as the default. You're very young, you have to look after yourself because there are a lot of people out there who like to take advantage of your naivety. Us old bags know how to be cutthroat and nasty when we need to be

Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
In all reality...the guy probably dodged a bullet...and doesn't even know it. She might have given him her number...

would have made for a good thread tho...
She did give him her number, even though she wasn't interested, and now regrets it.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, all these guys getting all butt hurt because an 18 yr old girl doesn't want a 40 something man....

Funny stuff I read here.... I've pretty much accepted that if an 18 yr old girl didn't like me that that's pretty much how things in life go... people in general should be a bit closer in age, just to have more in common, does it work when there is a big age difference, yeah, it can.....

It's not personal to me, at least I don't take it personally as some of the guys here have..........
I think you feel like that because you aren't a dirty old pervert who would take advantage of, essentially, a kid.

No offense Ashley, I was once an 18 year old and I understand where you are coming from.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
I don't think older men pick up younger girls to mentor them. I mean, I don't think he would've bothered with me beyond sex, to be quite honest. At that age, who has time to be raising their sex buddy?
They don't, it's to have a partner to control. The men I dated who were older were all control freaks. They sought out much younger women for this reason to "mold" them. I was young and naive and looked at an older guy as someone who could treat me better than younger guys because younger guys didn't have money. They sought me out because I was young and inexperienced and once I started maturing and becoming mature (meaning wouldn't tolerate it)the one dumped me, but I was ready to move on. He's still seeking much younger and complains on a dating site why at 55 he can't find women in their 20's. He's successful btw. My boyfriend is 9 years older but we didn't meet with the idea of dating, and besides he is immature. He also didn't seek out younger women, we found we have lots in common. I consider 9 years an age gap though.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
She's 18. She's learning to deal with situations maturely. I'd say that's quite appropriate for her stage in life.
Meh I have a14 year old daughter that already knows how to deal with these situations.

She knows how to politely but firmly tell people No. She also knows how to appropriately escalate a situation if somebody violates that.

I've also taught her to treat others how she wishes to be treated.

These are not hard concepts that should be learned as an adult, honestly this is the reaction I'd expect a pre or early teen to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships