U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:12 PM

2,498 posts, read 7,430,993 times
Exclamation 18 with a 16 year old...can i get in trouble?? HELP!!

Wow, I would not be a happy parent if that was my sixteen year old boy. Why is he in jail, where are his parents, why isn't he is school, etc....? All these questions pop up with someone asking a question like yours. If he is in jail, I don't see why you would want anything to do with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 14,210 times
Exclamation 18 with a 16 year old...can i get in trouble?? HELP!!

so im just turning 18 and have been with my boyfriend for over 2 and a half years now.. since i was 15 and he was 14.... so.... hes locked up right now and when he gets out we are going to be living together (again, cause we were befor he went in), it will be him and his mom,... will I get in any trouble since Ill already be 18 and he's only 16 and wont even be 17 till august of 2008...and obviously if we are living together things will be going on...can I get in trouble?and yes his family loves me ..his mom is already telling me to just move in already even though my boyfriend dont get out till may...and i know, i know y would i wanna be with him if hes already gettin in so much trouble? well I LOVE HIM...PERIOD.. well i just wanna know if i can get in trouble since im already 18...and hes kind of a "cop magnet" (tattoos) so if we ever do get stopped by cops can i get in trouble for being with him and expecially if they know that we live together....???well i dont have to worry about him or his family tryin to say anything i know he wouldnt lie like that no matter how mad he got at me..
HELP!!!

Last edited by lissuhr; 01-08-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM

2,655 posts, read 7,165,843 times
Put it this way: he'll have you over a barrel until he's 18. Don't do anything to upset him or it might be you whose locked up. You'll also have to register as a sex offender if he squeals on you and turns you in for statutory rape. I suppose you could always plead the age-old excuse that he, "didn't look a day younger than 20!"

Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM

388 posts, read 21,199 times
Laws need to change. There is nothing wrong with dating a person who is a few years younger/older than you. For now, be careful.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 PM

2,238 posts, read 6,347,736 times
I'm going to be blunt here. This relationship is only going to cause you grief, one way or the other. Get out now, and find yourself someone that isn't "locked up" and who doesn't have a mom that is willing to let the girlfriend of her underage son move into the house. You can do better! YOU DESERVE BETTER!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 PM

2,673 posts, read 4,348,416 times
Actually females cannot be charged with statutory rape, because males cannot get pregnant. Also males under eighteen can be charged for st. rape for being with an under age girl.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
miu

12,992 posts, read 21,778,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissuhr View Post
so im just turning 18 and have been with my boyfriend for over 2 and a half years now.. since i was 15 and he was 14.... so.... hes locked up right now and when he gets out we are going to be living together (again, cause we were befor he went in), it will be him and his mom,... will I get in any trouble since Ill already be 18 and he's only 16 and wont even be 17 till august of 2008...and obviously if we are living together things will be going on...can I get in trouble?and yes his family loves me ..his mom is already telling me to just move in already even though my boyfriend dont get out till may...and i know, i know y would i wanna be with him if hes already gettin in so much trouble? well I LOVE HIM...PERIOD.. well i just wanna know if i can get in trouble since im already 18...and hes kind of a "cop magnet" (tattoos) so if we ever do get stopped by cops can i get in trouble for being with him and expecially if they know that we live together....???well i dont have to worry about him or his family tryin to say anything i know he wouldnt lie like that no matter how mad he got at me..
HELP!!!
Are you really sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with this guy? I hope that you are a least still in school and have a career plan. Don't have kids right away. Love doesn't pay the bills.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 PM

672 posts, read 1,495,559 times
Well, my belief is that if this young man already has a bad juvenile record, including lock-up, the police probably aren't real concerned with the age of his girlfriend. Before too much longer, he will be old enough for adult prison anyway, which is most likely where he is going to be.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM

9,643 posts, read 10,627,207 times
I wouldn't worry, he wont be around for long periods of time anyway.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM

7,377 posts, read 11,499,881 times
Love is blind, and how..! I could spend a week telling you all the things wrong with your plan, but you wouldn't listen any way, so I will just answer your question..
It is considered Statuary rape for a person over the age of 18 to be alone with a person under 16. Technically, if you two are in the same room together, on opposite sides of that room and never touch each other, it is still statuary rape. The law is designed to protect children.
Will you get into trouble? Probably not without a complaint fled. If the child's (And 16 is very much a child) parents file a complaint against you, or if in any way law officials get involved, you could get into trouble.
It's kinda like speeding, it's gets you in trouble if you get caught.
My suggestion is for both of you to live with your parents for several more years until you mature. If you insist in living together, which I assume you will do, Please, Please, do not get pregnant and destroy the baby's life, which you will. At your young ages, you will grow apart in a few years and no longer be together, and the baby will be on welfare with me picking up the tab. You have heard it all before and you didn't take the advise then, so you probably won't now.

Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships