Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:00 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times

Advertisements

Lately i ve been through a lot of physical pain (im ill, ny illness is not important since i dont wanna discuss it in a public forum). I live with my boyfriend, the most caring, lovable person in the world, and poor sweet thing he is doing everything to cheer me up. He cooks for me, he buys and bring home books i love so i can read, he bring magazines, download movies i wanna see so we watch together. He goes to work 8 hours since 6 am and comes home and cooks for me (whatever i ask) does the dishes, and on top of that he is super sweet and affectionate the whole time, meanwhile im the complete opposite.

Since im in so much pain, i dont feel comfortable with him hugging me, kissing me, etc. We havent had sex in 2 weeks. I ve been ill for 2 weeks. I cant help but being in a bad mood and with a sad face akl the time. He is always smiling at me, being sweet, bringing me surprises, and, since i can barely move, im always in the bed with a grumpy face 😞.

I feel bad for him. I want to give back something. On may 10th, it was our aniversary. He prepared a ton of surprises for me that day, 5 different very special thoughtful presents that made reference to our wonderful 1 year relationship.
I didnt bought him anything cause i was already in pain. Havent moved much since. Havent bought a present.

I wanna do something that doesnt requiere me go walk somewhere to buy a gift. Maybe something i can do in the house and surprise him when he returns from work?

I dont know what to do, i ve been so focused on myself the last 2 weeks that i forgot to thank and smile to the amazing person thats taking care of me and living with me.

Any suggestion?
Im having a hard time smiling or being happy, but i want him to know i adore him and im thankfull for all he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 12:05 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
Focus on getting healthy and tell him exactly what you wrote here

Old 05-21-2015, 05:49 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. Would it be too painful to hand-write a letter to him expressing those things you wrote here?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Every hear of ordering something on Amazon. They do deliver you know.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:23 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
A simple "I love you and appreciate everything you're doing, Honey" usually is enough for a man that loves his woman. Also, tell him as soon as you get better, you'll give him the best oral he's ever gotten

Godspeed in your recovery

Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Sorry you're in so much pain, Sophie.

How about ordering something online for him? Augie mentioned Amazon. They're great for that, but if not Amazon, another website. You're typing here, so you can punch in a credit card number and address.

About the sex, it's only 2 weeks. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Women who have just given birth are cautioned to wait longer than that. Same for women who have had any kind of abdominal surgery. When I had staples holding my insides in, I managed a few tricks for an ex, but full-on sex was out of the question for nearly 2 months. So don't stress about that.

Just remember all he's doing for you now. There may come a day when it happens to him, and you'll want to be as compassionate and loving toward him as he is to you now.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:19 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
He knows how loving, happy & positive you are when your healthy.

Get well very soon...

Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Just focus on getting well, and making sure he feels loved and appreciated

Old 05-21-2015, 01:27 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
I know you don't want to discuss your illness, but it would be helpful for us to know if it's something you are expected to fully recover from or if it's a more or less permanent thing.

If it will be over soon, find a way to thank him as best you can now and then when you are all better do something BIG.

If it's going to be ongoing, you should probably sit down with him and discuss the longterm ramifications on your relationship and what you can do to minimize damage to it. Outside help? Better pain control?

In either case, best of luck to both of you.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times
There are companies online that make and delivery gift baskets for men too. Most aren't in baskets, but toolboxes, golf buckets, whatever. Order something for him that's really surprise and specific to his hobbies or likes would be good.

Can you enlist the help of a friend to mail things for you? Write good old-fashioned love notes to your boyfriend and mail them to his work or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships