U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 PM

3,751 posts, read 2,014,146 times

Advertisements

So almost at the end of this past December, me and this girl were talking on Tinder for a few days. My last message said moving it over to text (plan was to immediately ask her out afterwards). She didn't respond, and I just assumed she wasn't that interested, scared to meet someone off an app, or didn't feel comfortable giving out a number. Well, a few hours ago, she sends me a message saying "Hey I just saw your messages ." Then another message saying "How have you been?"

Do you think she was interested in another guy, and it didn't work out and she's now coming back to me? Or, did she genuinely not see my messages? I'll respond back to her (not the type of person to spite someone, or hold a grudge), but I find it hard to believe in just over a month she never saw my messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM

48 posts, read 53,891 times
over a month is a long time to say you didn't notice... if it was a few days to a week maybe she didn't log into Tinder but a month- definitely shady.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:08 PM

750 posts, read 609,520 times
She probably met up with some other guy, or got back with an ex. Now that has ended, and she is monkey branching once again. She may even string you along and disappear again. This is why I choose to not participate in today's dating game on most occasions. If relationships weren't difficult enough back in the day, throw in technology where they now have 1000 men messaging them versus what may have been 10 guys before social media. It is no wonder they can't make up their minds, and I'd rather not participate in that mess.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 PM

324 posts, read 297,927 times
The way people are glued to their smart phones, nobody doesn't "just get" a text, email or FB notification over a month later.

You know that though, so go with your gut and move on.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 PM

521 posts, read 471,039 times
I know nothing of Tinder but I can tell you that this past weekend I took notes at a meeting and emailed it to myself because I don't have a writing program on my little laptop. The notes were GONE until exactly twelve hours later. They showed up in my inbox after I had suffered so much aggravation and ended up writing a report and sending it off without my notes. So there you go with technology.
My advice - give her the benefit of the doubt. If I am wrong, I will admit it but what do you have to lose? Go for it and good luck!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:02 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,371,229 times
A month is way too long. As others have said - she probably had other guys in the picture and now that things have fallen through with them (or him, if it was just one guy) she wants to see if she can pick up where she left you.

I'd next her.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:07 PM

Since no one is a mind reader, we cannot possibly imagine what was going on in this person's life that she never followed through on the young man's offer. What ever happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Why is everyone so defensive?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM

2,785 posts, read 1,686,460 times
Normally I'd say forget about her and move on, but during the holidays people tend to get distracted visiting family and travel. In this case I'd give it one more try, but if she disappears for that long again then I think it's pretty obvious what you need to do.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:16 PM

High Five David!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:17 PM

6,763 posts, read 4,274,848 times
I want to say give it another shot because of the holidays but most people's holidays ended by the 2nd or 3rd of January.

Even during the Holidays I had my phone on hand at all times. I saw every message that was sent to me. I'm not sure how tinder works because I have never used dating apps or tried OLD, if I was younger, like 16 I probably would respond in a hurry. I really don't know if you have to log in or you get messages despite not being logged in to Tinder.

Now that I am older, I wouldn't give that a second thought. So me personally I wouldn't even entertain it and move on.

Last edited by Auraliea; 02-03-2015 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships