U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-23-2015, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
2,391 posts, read 1,719,501 times
Reputation: 1915

Advertisements

Women may get a lot of attention, but it's not necessarily the attention they are seeking. You should hear the stories my close female friends have told me. A lot of guys are truly pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2015, 03:31 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
73,160 posts, read 64,696,850 times
Reputation: 69148
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
For an Asian woman, she is quite voluptuous.

And they make a cute couple. Her ethnic features contrast nicely with his Nordic/Scandanavian? features.
What Nordic features? He's Jewish, it's obvious. They're both "ethnic", from that perspective. Who cares? They're happy. That's all that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
 
4,398 posts, read 2,940,059 times
Reputation: 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What Nordic features? He's Jewish, it's obvious. They're both "ethnic", from that perspective. Who cares? They're happy. That's all that counts.
Also, Asian cultures typically love a very smart Caucasian man. A Caucasian man who's smart will typically have the same viewpoints and such as the wife, if she's intelligent as well.

My manager has always loved Asian culture and his wife is from China. They are lock step with each other on how they view frugality and child upbringing. He's even said he could never marry a Caucasian woman. How he and her think are polar opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
 
4,380 posts, read 3,445,660 times
Reputation: 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
BOOM the supply of male attention has suddenly gone way up. Demand for male attention is still the same. Now women are getting dozens of messages a day from men so they don't feel the need to message anyone back. Meeting men IRL loses its value and importance when in the back of her head she knows he has a constant supply of other men wanting to meet her from her online presence. Women have become really picky and choosey with dating because they have a ton of male attention.
I tend to do better with speed dating than online.

I am currently blogging my latest experience with OLD, specifically, Ok Cupid. Day 1: Profile was viewed 30 times. Day 2: 11 views. Day 3: 8 views. Day 4 (today): 4 views so far.

Number of messages I have received from someone who meets the basic criteria of living near me AND is between the ages of 35-48? One - and it has the hallmarks of being a bot/fake profile. Number of messages I have received total: 11. Number of those 11 messages that came with a warning to avoid internet scams: 5. Number of non-scam warning messages that say something other than "hi?" None.

Number of men I have sent messages to: 14. Number of men who have responded to my message? 1.

So, yep, I'm just drowning in male attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2015, 05:03 PM
 
96 posts, read 57,934 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Women may get a lot of attention, but it's not necessarily the attention they are seeking. You should hear the stories my close female friends have told me. A lot of guys are truly pathetic.
^^^^this, 100%^^^^

The overwhelming majority of men doing OLD are not even worth the most minute consideration. It would be the equivalent of a guy being bombarded with attention from an ocean of Mama Junes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
2,391 posts, read 1,719,501 times
Reputation: 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
^^^^this, 100%^^^^

The overwhelming majority of men doing OLD are not even worth the most minute consideration. It would be the equivalent of a guy being bombarded with attention from an ocean of Mama Junes.
There's that, but even more significantly for my female friends are the guys with absolutely poor dating etiquette. There seem to be a lot of guys who are just very bad at dating. And some of them are straight up weirdos. One guy who my friend dated came over with painted toe nails, and then proceeded to criticize HER about having a viewpoint about pre-defined gender roles even though she really didn't say anything good or bad about them. This was on a 2nd date. Who the hell does this stuff? Another guy just wanted to sit around and talk about sex with her. He also would bite her profusely and somewhat roughly during make out sessions. Another guy who dated my other friend went off on a political rant and then got upset with her and wanted her to pay him back for the date.

It seems to me that women tend to get bombarded by a bunch of weirdos and old fat guys, whereas men probably get more of the "Mama Junes" as you put it. I can at least say that I've never dated anyone as obnoxious as the men above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2015, 05:36 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
73,160 posts, read 64,696,850 times
Reputation: 69148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
So, yep, I'm just drowning in male attention.
Just don't let it go to your head.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 01:16 PM
 
97 posts, read 60,564 times
Reputation: 123
When I was active online dating I got told several times that I just like the attention on the dating site. I never replied to any of them when they say that to me. It's not like my profile is reeking of attention whorish way.

But yeah. It does seem women got more attention online. Which honestly to me was a welcome surprise. I never get any attention offline or in real life.

But hey a got a husband out of it so I'm not complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 01:23 PM
 
1,778 posts, read 1,294,844 times
Reputation: 2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What Nordic features? He's Jewish, it's obvious. They're both "ethnic", from that perspective. Who cares? They're happy. That's all that counts.
Nordic as in pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. And relax: I was not being disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
 
1,778 posts, read 1,294,844 times
Reputation: 2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
There's that, but even more significantly for my female friends are the guys with absolutely poor dating etiquette. There seem to be a lot of guys who are just very bad at dating. And some of them are straight up weirdos. One guy who my friend dated came over with painted toe nails, and then proceeded to criticize HER about having a viewpoint about pre-defined gender roles even though she really didn't say anything good or bad about them. This was on a 2nd date. Who the hell does this stuff? Another guy just wanted to sit around and talk about sex with her. He also would bite her profusely and somewhat roughly during make out sessions. Another guy who dated my other friend went off on a political rant and then got upset with her and wanted her to pay him back for the date.

It seems to me that women tend to get bombarded by a bunch of weirdos and old fat guys, whereas men probably get more of the "Mama Junes" as you put it. I can at least say that I've never dated anyone as obnoxious as the men above.
Young guys can be fat as well.

And weirdos exist of course. But one person's weirdo can be another person's dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top