U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:20 PM
 
Location: D.C.
2,768 posts, read 1,673,678 times
Reputation: 3689

Advertisements

Ah yes, yet another post trashing OLD. My suggestion to people who hate it or don't have success is to just try something else. Starting thread after thread really serves no purpose. Many people think hitting on women at the gym is great. It never worked for me, yet I've never felt the need to start a thread "Meeting women at the gym sucks and is a waste of time." All I know is OLD worked great for me (as it has for others here on C-D), and at the end of the day that's all the really matters to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:21 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,858,306 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I had too many norms.
I did too, as in men that looked like Norm from Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:25 PM
 
Location: In a place beyond human comprehension
6,719 posts, read 4,234,209 times
Reputation: 10359
So the solution is.....what?

Telling men to stop talking to women?

I can easily say it's their own fault because the reason they are contacting these women is because they want sex and that's it.

But I know that's not true. So really it doesn't really matter. I've seen it go both ways.

People are different get off the EFFING computer and you will realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM
 
914 posts, read 550,767 times
Reputation: 1439
I don't think guys should be resentful of women getting a lot of attention (IRL/OLD) because that's simply the way it is, always has been and always will be. Men pursue and present what they have to offer and women accept it or don't, it's not unfair it just IS. Just like women go through periods, childbirth and menopause while we don't have deal with it. It's nature's way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,099,147 times
Reputation: 9778
Every generation thinks they invented dating and are more sexual than any other generation.

Dating was always hard and will continue to be hard.

People will always seek the best mate they can and looks and other attributes play into that. OLD doesn't change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,099,147 times
Reputation: 9778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just don't think OLD is as great for women as the OP thinks it is. Lots of women have never used it and have no desire to start. For those of us who do use it, it's not exactly an endless showering of attention from men. It's full of liars, flakes, and people who you just aren't interested in.
It's also full of men who want a quick hook up. It's the seventies bar scene all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, Calif.
2,435 posts, read 2,721,196 times
Reputation: 2579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So the solution is.....what? Tell men to stop talking to women? I can easily say it's their own fault because the reason they are contacting these women is because they want sex and that's it. But I know that's not true. So really it doesn't really matter. I've seen it go both ways. People are different get off the EFFING computer and you will realize that.
I agree in blue. Some women are looking for just a meal ticket and have nothing to offer beyond their 'sexuality'. Many men just want to get laid and will use their material means of life as commodity. Kinda like shoping on Amazon or Ebay: You get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Sugarland
13,230 posts, read 11,768,860 times
Reputation: 15263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
It's also full of men who want a quick hook up. It's the seventies bar scene all over again.
Pretty much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
 
32,730 posts, read 22,676,881 times
Reputation: 29784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
It's also full of men who want a quick hook up. It's the seventies bar scene all over again.

People that want just a hook up. For every guy there is a woman. I met a good amount of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 06:54 PM
 
6,461 posts, read 6,099,147 times
Reputation: 9778
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People that want just a hook up. For every guy there is a woman. I met a good amount of them.
True! Some women are equally looking for a hook up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top