Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You really need to get off the bro dude blogs. Seriously.
No I think Montanaguy04 is very accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 09:50 AM

Yes, it is true that OLD placed women on a MUCH higher scale than before OLD. When a guy approaches a woman in a grocery store, its considered creepy and desperate. When he approaches a woman through OLD, she gets to view his profile and decide whether he is worthy or not. If he is in fact worthy, he MAY get more than one date if he is lucky.... I think people should really stop trying to defend a certain group and look at reality for what it is. OLD made women pickier, there is nothing else to it. The guys that "whine" are just stating facts that no one wants to believe.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I just posted in another thread my dismal results from week #1 of being back on Ok Cupid.
I want to comment SO bad on this!!!! But I will keep it to myself.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
When a guy approaches a woman in a grocery store, its considered creepy and desperate.
Does anyone ever actually approach someone in the grocery store? (Other than in the movies?) I pretty much just see married people and kids when I go shopping. Heck, I went shopping Saturday in a cocktail dress and even that didn't attract attention other than two teenage girls looking for a lost cat.

(I was on my way home from a fundraiser. I do not make it a practice to dress up to go buy produce. )

Quote:
I want to comment SO bad on this!!!! But I will keep it to myself.
Why hold back? I've been around this board long enough to know that the only possible reason a woman doesn't get flooded with messages has to be that she's too ugly for words.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Does anyone ever actually approach someone in the grocery store? (Other than in the movies?) I pretty much just see married people and kids when I go shopping. Heck, I went shopping Saturday in a cocktail dress and even that didn't attract attention other than two teenage girls looking for a lost cat.

(I was on my way home from a fundraiser. I do not make it a practice to dress up to go buy produce. )

Why hold back? I've been around this board long enough to know that the only possible reason a woman doesn't get flooded with messages has to be that she's too ugly for words.
The only way a woman does not get FLOODED with messages is if she is some deformed whale. lol

Even then all the very unattractive men will still message her.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Well approaching in public places went away a while ago due to OLD. This is exactly my point. If you don't meet a girl through OLD or a friend, you are not worthy of her attention. Some online profile or another person has to validate a guy first, before she knows his first name.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
The only way a woman does not get FLOODED with messages is if she is some deformed whale. lol

^^^ truth^^^

Old 04-27-2015, 10:19 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Well approaching in public places went away a while ago due to OLD. This is exactly my point. If you don't meet a girl through OLD or a friend, you are not worthy of her attention. Some online profile or another person has to validate a guy first, before she knows his first name.

Is this a regional thing? The last two people I dated I just met out and about and we weren't introduced to each other by a third party. We just hit it off. One was at a lounge, the other at a bus stop. Seems fairly common here.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post

There was an OkCupid story a while back (another poster quoted it) that basically said that most women find men to be below average in looks (something like 80%) BUT women messaged men anyway despite looks. The same poll found that most men have a better grasp on women's looks (nice bell curve with men finding women ranging from ugly to hot) BUT men messaged mainly the top 33% of women (7s or better). There were nice graphs too.

I can't find the thread now, but I found the original article that was quoted: Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

I guess one could say women have unrealistic expectations... but settle anyway. Men have realistic expectations, but shoot for the moon.

I think online dating has made everyone much pickier... a lot of people treat it like online shopping (if this one doesn't work out, there's always another). Then again, why is picky a bad thing?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
There was an OkCupid story a while back (another poster quoted it) that basically said that most women find men to be below average in looks (something like 80%) BUT women messaged men anyway despite looks. The same poll found that most men have a better grasp on women's looks (nice bell curve with men finding women ranging from ugly to hot) BUT men messaged mainly the top 33% of women (7s or better). There were nice graphs too.

I can't find the thread now, but I found the original article that was quoted: Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

So what you say doesn't jive with what happens on at least one online dating site. If a girl is a 7 or better she gets flooded with messages. If she's your average Jane or below, not so much.

I think online dating has made everyone much pickier... a lot of people treat it like online shopping (if this one doesn't work out, there's always another). Then again, why is picky a bad thing?
I do not believe that for one second. I actually made an unattractive fake profile of a girl in my younger days for pranks and what not and she got flooded just the same as the profiles of attractive girls I made.

Guys are not picky and will message anything with two legs. Id wager they message the average girl more than the hot one as the hot one will be less likely to reply or meet them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships