U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 01:28 PM

9,871 posts, read 8,016,445 times

Advertisements

When the supply curve ****s out to the right and the demand curve doesn't move, the marginal value (price) goes down, not the value. The value of consumer+producer surplus increases in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 01:32 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
3,691 posts, read 2,646,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Or whatever nonsense makes men deliberately look for women who have MANY more favorable options.
lol wouldn't everybody just pursue the people they find attractive? Young people are attractive.

If your choices are two men who are equally great in every other respect, but one is in his 20s and one is in his 50s, I think most of us, males and females, would take the person in their 20s.

(there are lots of people in their 50s who I think are hot. Joan Jett, for example. But obviously most 20 year olds are going to be more biologically attractive than most 50 year olds.)
Again it's all moot for me because no one ever reciprocates my feelings, so such a choice wouldn't exist. My only choice would be in who I would prefer to be with; neither would want to be with me. But I'm speaking for people who have some kind of choice.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:34 PM

203 posts, read 129,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Some don't desire children, though. Many alpha males who are successful with persuading women to have sex with them don't want children.

I'm mostly a beta male, and there were times when I was younger that I wanted children, but I haven't wanted that since I got out of the USN in 2003. I've had so many negative experiences, and not enough positive ones. Especially in terms of having feelings for people who did not reciprocate those feelings (no one has ever reciprocated). I'm pretty sure I would not be a good father emotionally, and financially it would be one of the worst things that could happen, right now.

It is ironic because at least one of the girls I've always had feelings for has a lot of pressure to have children, to carry on her martial arts legacy, so merely based on that, I would not be right for her, because I don't want children. It doesn't matter of course because she doesn't like me. She got married to somebody else. Her little sister doesn't want children, and I have recently realized that I have feelings for the little sister also, but again, no reciprocation. At least not that I know of; she hasn't said anything. It wouldn't work anyway because of the negative reaction from me telling her mom that I was depressed because the big sister got married. The little sister was the one I usually talked to when we were kids, and I have come to realize that feelings had developed back then, even though at the time I was thinking of her big sister.

It's unfortunate that women often say they want someone who's nice and would be there for them, etc., but in the end, they go for the alpha. At least, that's what mainstream women do. Some women are more dominant themselves and therefore would be more interested in someone like me, in theory.
Certainly don't mean that those who don't want kids are losers, this is not what this statement means. Its just a simple observation that money and power mean very little, if your genetic line is lost and forgotten. Its more of a quick look at meaning of life through and evolutionary lens.

Don't be too hard on yourself man, as I stated in my post, I was a beta guy and was completely invisible to women for most of my adult life. That was despite high level of intelligence, above average looks, mascular build and a fantastic well paying job. None of that made any difference. Once I CHOSE not to be that guy anymore, all changed because my frame of mind changed. I realized none of the things I thought were important, actually mattered at all.

I lost my well paying gig, and was unemployed for months burning through my savings. It didn't matter though, because with my new frame of mind that I CHOSE, I became irresistable to women of all ages. I remember dating 10 girls at one time, without putting out any effort at all. If I didn't sleep with one on a first date, thy would think im crazy or gay, and pretty much invited themselves up into my place. Ive had many first dates with attractive girls 20 years younger than myself, that took place in my studio - from beginning to end.

All because I changed how I saw the world, myself and dating. You can make that choice too, but that's entirely up to you. Let me give you the best piece of advice known to mankind, when it comes to dating. DO NOT SEEK ADVICE FROM WOMEN, SEEK ADVICE FROM MEN WHO SUCCEEDED. Best of Luck!

Old 02-04-2015, 01:38 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,567,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
DO NOT SEEK ADVICE FROM WOMEN, SEEK ADVICE FROM MEN WHO SUCCEEDED.
This can't be said enough. It's the single-handed best piece of advice there is for any guy (and vice versa).

Old 02-04-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Umm... I would ask your college for a refund if you got a degree in biology, sociology, or psychology, man.

I know some shy guys who are happily married and they're not over the age of 38.

I didn't say SOCIALLY ANXIOUS AND PAINFULLY SHY. It's hard for women who are like that to meet people, too. But, it's not the fault of society... it's just something those individuals have to deal with.

Therapy is a good starting point.

I don't know what makes people think that "success in the dating world" is something that ought to be guaranteed to them like, say, breathable oxygen or drinkable water.

You have to work at being attractive to the opposite sex. Not saying a person cannot be his/her self, it's just that the INDIVIDUAL has to choose what tradeoffs to make. Prefer to stay shy and not put much thought into your wardrobe or social skills? You may be limiting your options.

Eh. It's what you make it. The one thing it is NOT is "society's fault."

Hell, all these whiners are PART OF SOCIETY. They can change it if they try.
You have to understand that marriage is not what men seek or at the very least not what they define as success in dating. To most men, success in dating means sex with variety of women, without ties. You should know this.

As to your advice on how to become attractive to the opposite sex, Ive figured that part out a long long time ago. And I was able to attract young, beautiful women of my choice, without much effort whatsoever. None of them were close to or post wall. Thanks for caring though.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:48 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,125,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This can't be said enough. It's the single-handed best piece of advice there is for any guy (and vice versa).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
You have to understand that marriage is not what men seek or at the very least not what they define as success in dating. To most men, success in dating means sex with variety of women, without ties. You should know this.

As to your advice on how to become attractive to the opposite sex, Ive figured that part out a long long time ago. And I was able to attract young, beautiful women of my choice, without much effort whatsoever. None of them were close to or post wall. Thanks for caring though.
So - guys that want a relationship and possibly marriage should listen to guys that just want to sleep around? And that would benefit them how…? I'm not saying that they should only listen to women - rather that listening to guys that judge their success by notches on the bedpost might not be the right way to go either.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So - guys that want a relationship and possibly marriage should listen to guys that just want to sleep around? And that would benefit them how…? I'm not saying that they should only listen to women - rather that listening to guys that judge their success by notches on the bedpost might not be the right way to go either.
I'm pretty sure nobody said that, Dew.

Edit: Hmm, I can see how you got that from Anabasis' post. I'll let him clarify if that's what he meant or not. In MY post, I was suggesting that people look to those who succeeded at what they want (i.e., men who want to get married should talk to married men. Men who want to be players should talk to players, etc.)

Old 02-04-2015, 01:53 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,125,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm pretty sure nobody said that, Dew.
Isn't that EXACTLY what Anabasis is saying? He's saying that only HE is speaking the truth - and furthermore, that most men don't even want to get married - they just want to sleep around. And that the men on here should listen to HIM and not women. My question is - why would a man who actually wants a real relationship and possibly a marriage and a family listen to someone with that mentality? Shouldn't he listen to advice from the men that judge success in relationships the same way that he does? Shouldn't he listen to the advice from happily married men?

Old 02-04-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Its all about what you want. 80% of male population that doesn't exist to most women, just hope for some recognition of their existance, and have things to offer and are at times great guys. Guys that want to have many girlfriends - should listen to guys who have experience in that. Guys who are ready to start a family, should look up to other men successful in their long time marriages and seek their advice. No guys, should take dating advice from women. I read a book once where the author (a very very smart man) said that we should listen to women as if they were the waves of the ocean. What he meant by that, was that content what you say doesn't matter but the tone, timing and non verbal expressions are what counts. Its actually very true. Ive heard lotsa ocean waves crashing since...haha

This may seem crazy to many of you, but at times I get a strong gut feeling that the reason women give guys aweful and counterproductive dating advice, is in hope that they do exactly the opposite. As in seeing whether they have what it takes to see the truth, over the noise. This is not a knee jerk statement - I have been studying gender dynamics for many years and have excellent observational skills when it comes to the topics.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Isn't that EXACTLY what Anabasis is saying? He's saying that only HE is speaking the truth - and furthermore, that most men don't even want to get married - they just want to sleep around. And that the men on here should listen to HIM and not women. My question is - why would a man who actually wants a real relationship and possibly a marriage and a family listen to someone with that mentality? Shouldn't he listen to advice from the men that judge success in relationships the same way that he does? Shouldn't he listen to the advice from happily married men?
My fault for only seeing my quote and mentally referring to the element of his post that I quoted. I clarified what I mean by editing my earlier post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or