U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 10:16 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,711,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's just the way it is. Do you want to get laid? If so, then you will open up your wallet. If you don't want to pay then you would have to go to Sweden, Iceland, or one of the countries where there is more egalitarianism.
This is not true. I've been laid plenty of times without spending a ton of money because I'm just a naturally awesome dude that women want to be with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM

321 posts, read 268,931 times
Quote:
That's just the way it is. Do you want to get laid? If so, then you will open up your wallet. .
I've never found that to be a prerequisite, personally. I would say if it is, you're doing something wrong.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:19 PM

321 posts, read 268,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Really? I don't think that her system sounds rigid at all.
We must not be reading the same posts.

Quote:
It doesn't even sound like a system, honestly.
Her word, not mine.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:20 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,216,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
This is not true. I've been laid plenty of times without spending a ton of money because I'm just a naturally awesome dude that women want to be with.
Without spending any money though? What I usually do is invite them to a party, to the beach, or to hang out, but even that costs money. Fortunately, alcohol isn't that expensive.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Without spending any money though? What I usually do is invite them to a party, to the beach, or to hang out, but even that costs money. Fortunately, alcohol isn't that expensive.
Dude, I had a woman begging to get back with me and I barely spent any money on her at all (we were both kinda poor at the time).

Think about it. If a woman doesn't want to hang out with you unless you spend money on them, is that really the type of woman you want to build a long term relationship with?

For me, it's not. You want to find a woman that loves you for who you are? Find them when you're broke.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I've never found that to be a prerequisite, personally. I would say if it is, you're doing something wrong.
I like to have sex with pretty girls.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:26 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,129,254 times
Quote:
Quite frankly, I don't think we're in disagreement outside your distaste for my using the phrase "you women". I apologize if you are offended by that. I was just trying to express a common mantra that is floated around here by (mostly) women.

If you offer to pay and don't expect the man to pay for everything (or you'll leave him), then I don't really understand where there is a rift in our thinking. Like you said, you (the man AND the woman) do things to make the other person feel special because you really like them. Period.

The situation I was speaking out about has nothing to do with this. It's about those women who feel like they're entitled to certain things because they are a woman. Trust me, I've met women like this. A girl who was dating my friend once told us, "This guy didn't take me out to dinner enough. I drive a Lincoln though! Who does he think he's dating?!?! Some low class *****?" That's what I'm talking about. Those entitled women are disgusting.
I don't hang around women like that. Or if I do - they don't say stuff like that to me. I'd like to think I'm a pretty down to earth person and so are most of my friends.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM

Default Ftfy

Quote:
I like to have sex with shallow girls.
Fixed that for you.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Dude, I had a woman begging to get back with me and I barely spent any money on her at all (we were both kinda poor at the time).

Think about it. If a woman doesn't want to hang out with you unless you spend money on them, is that really the type of woman you want to build a long term relationship with?

For me, it's not. You want to find a woman that loves you for who you are? Find them when you're broke.
I'm pretty sure that's not the norm. Else, burger flippers would be rollin in booty.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I don't hang around women like that. Or if I do - they don't say stuff like that to me. I'd like to think I'm a pretty down to earth person and so are most of my friends.
And that's why you're probably oblivious to what else is out there. That's why I have the opinion that I have. I've actually seen both sides of this, not just the innocent side that you've been exposed to most of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or