U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-10-2015, 11:08 PM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,211,669 times
Reputation: 3425

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If you are only with her because she's hot and she's only with you because of your money - then I would say that that is using each other. But that's just me. Looks and money matter - but differently to different people.
I didn't say my money and her looks are the only reason we are together, but I wouldn't date her if she was fat and she probably wouldn't date me if I was poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Is she also okay with you spending money on other women so that you can sleep with them as well?
I've kept my indiscretions pretty discrete and very limited with this girl, but probably not. OTOH, she did say I could bring other girls home if I shared, although she was probably not serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2015, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Reputation: 22092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I didn't say my money and her looks are the only reason we are together, but I wouldn't date her if she was fat and she probably wouldn't date me if I was poor.



I've kept my indiscretions pretty discrete and very limited with this girl, but probably not. OTOH, she did say I could bring other girls home if I shared, although she was probably not serious.
How thoughtful of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2015, 11:53 PM
 
288 posts, read 200,682 times
Reputation: 417
[quote=lycos679;38394631]I didn't say my money and her looks are the only reason we are together, but I wouldn't date her if she was fat and she probably wouldn't date me if I was poor.

Honestly you are despicable, I don't think I could be in the Same place as yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:00 AM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,211,669 times
Reputation: 3425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post

Honestly you are despicable, I don't think I could be in the Same place
I can be friends with fat girls; I just can't date them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:05 AM
 
Location: Sugarland
13,230 posts, read 11,764,006 times
Reputation: 15258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Really? I don't think that her system sounds rigid at all. It doesn't even sound like a system, honestly. She either accepts someone paying for her or she pays her share. I'm not sure what is rigid or even system-like about this...
Couldn't rep you, but absolutely! I'm only using the word "system" to go along with this tread topic. lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
These statements come across as entitled. I would personally never want to go out with a woman who thinks this way. It sounds too much like she's taunting men, as in "haha, I can do whatever I want with you and I'll always have other men lined up for me". That's a terrible attitude to have. Think of it in the same terms as an employer telling people, "haha, I can treat you any way I want and pay you as little as I want and I'll always have people wanting to work for me even if you don't". Does that sound like an employer you'd want to work for? Not me.
It's not about me being entitled. I'm simply acknowledging the facts of life. It's not like I go out with men and say these things. I'm saying them in a thread about who "should" pay for the first date and the reality is that often times women CAN find a man willing to treat them on a date. If I were entitled, I would never even think to pay for any portion of any date, and that's not the case.

If a man says that "Men can easily find a woman to have sex with them before marriage, so it's unlikely that they'll wait around for a woman who wants to wait until after marriage" does that mean that he's acting entitled to sex? Or is he just acknowledging the reality of what goes on in the world? I don't see the problem with me stating things that about dating that we both know to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Sugarland
13,230 posts, read 11,764,006 times
Reputation: 15258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
This is not exactly how it was presented before. At least not in my interpretation.

The way it was stated before made it seem like men should always pay for dates and if he didn't want to pay for dates, then the woman would find a man who would pay for dates because they're lined up around the corner. That's the way it came across and that just sounds classless.
I never said that men "should" always pay for dates or that women "control" the dating scene and can easily have men "lined up around the corner." I'm saying that if a man doesn't want to pay for a date, that's certainly his choice and the woman might be cool with that. But there's also a good chance that his date can find one or more men who would be willing to pay for the date. Especially the highly attractive women that some of you claim not to be that into, but even the average women too. Once again, that's just reality. It just sounds to me like you're resentful of this particular "privilege" that women have in the dating world so you're getting annoyed that I'm pointing it out, but that's not my fault. Not everything in life is equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 AM
 
288 posts, read 200,682 times
Reputation: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I can be friends with fat girls; I just can't date them.
That's fine to each their own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 01:10 AM
 
321 posts, read 268,764 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I like to have sex with pretty girls.
Me too. More specifically, I like to have sex with pretty girls who aren't prostitutes, make their own money, and pay for their own things. They do exist, I promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 01:12 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
Reputation: 61840
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I've gone on first dates like anyone else, some where the guy paid a good portion of the time while others they didn't pay or we went half and half.

Its been a month since I've been on a date so I am wondering tomorrow is a movie, walk around, and dinner, should I pay for 1 of these or just wait and see if this guy pays for everything or what to do?

What is the proper and right thing to do in today's world?
There is no "payment system" to follow, seriously if you asked you pay if he asks he pays.
This is not a business deal or a monthly debt it is a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2015, 05:17 AM
 
366 posts, read 294,371 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If neither looks nor money mattered we would see the poor and fat pairing up with the trim and privileged
Civilization as we know it would collapse. Oh the humanity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top