Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I told you. A woman is not in a situation where she needs to pay for a date because it's not hard to find a man who will treat her. If you're a man who can easily find a woman who will treat you and that's what you want, just focus on those women, but don't be surprised if other women don't follow suit.
That's right, the majority of women will prefer men to pay for their expenses, take initiative, and everything else. As a woman you get to enjoy those dating privileges. Yes, I am not surprised if most women don't follow suit. That's just how it is I guess. There are things that just can't be changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's how it works for business meetings, but I have only heard of women paying when they don't want to give the wrong impression to the guy.
I rather have a woman pay because she is nice.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:25 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
That's how it works for business meetings, but I have only heard of women paying when they don't want to give the wrong impression to the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I rather have a woman pay because she is nice.
I would imagine women paying to avoid leading the guy on are being nice.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I would imagine women paying to avoid leading the guy on are being nice.
A woman paying simply because she is having a good time and finds it courteous to participate in expenses is what I find nice. I have gone out with girls who are simply that nice even on first dates.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
That's right, the majority of women will prefer men to pay for their expenses, take initiative, and everything else. As a woman you get to enjoy those dating privileges. Yes, I am not surprised if most women don't follow suit. That's just how it is I guess. There are things that just can't be changed.
This "privilege" is very small as far as I'm concerned. Be grateful that you're a man and enjoy everything that comes along with that.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
This "privilege" is very small as far as I'm concerned. Be grateful that you're a man and enjoy everything that comes along with that.
Not sure if those privileges are small. Imagine, you go out with a guy you like (if not you wouldn't be going out with him) who takes you out for dinner, drinks, an event, maybe surprises you with flowers when he picks you up and at the end of the evening takes you home. If things later on evolve to a formal relationship you get to get proposed, your ring, your wedding, etc. How nice is that for you as a woman? Shouldn't be seen as something small. This whole first date payment system should be nice to women and it makes sense why the majority defend it.

In my case I enjoy going out with someone who doesn't really care for certain "dating rules" and is just ready to enjoy each other's company and be as much part of the date as I am in all aspects. As for the first date payment system, I don't think there has been a rule when it comes to me and the girls I have dated. We just do as we feel at the moment. Whoever takes out the wallet first, same thing in the next activity of the day/evening.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I'd gladly pay all the time if men had periods and I didn't.
I don't think he has the same perspective as you. I'd rather buy flowers too.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 PM

663 posts, read 1,724,812 times
Personally, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it. If I invite I expect to pay. If I didn't invite I expect to cover my expenses. (I've never had a date insist on paying for all of the expenses so I can't really comment there.) I don't get worked up over it either way though. Last time I went on a first date, I invited and covered dinner. My date offered to pay for the cover at the piano bar we went to after. I accepted. In my experience insisting on paying for everything can be off-putting to some women. If someone is merely bluffing by offering to pay, I don't worry about it. They're already being blatantly dishonest on a first date. If that falls apart, no loss as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
The one who asks out, pays. That the rule on my book. However it will a nice gesture if you contribute, for example at the movies, you pay for the popcorn, the sodas and whatever it is at the counter, that way he feels you are helping him a bit.

We men love when a woman contributes, even if we ask out, that the way of saying you aren't selfish.

Good luck.
This is pretty much how I feel. I'm always willing to pay (especially for a first date that I asked her out on), but it is always a nice overture for the girl to offer to throw in on occasion. For a guy like me, it leaves an impression that the girl actually wants to be there to spend time with me, as opposed to taking advantage of a free night out. This is especially the case after several dates in with a particular person. Personally, I'd probably stop dating a girl if, after several weeks of dating, she never offered to pay for anything on our nights out.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think he has the same perspective as you. I'd rather buy flowers too.
If that is so. Men would gladly have periods if women paid. Men would have periods if women could have shorter lives as men. See, same logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships