U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 01:06 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,710,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I told you. A woman is not in a situation where she needs to pay for a date because it's not hard to find a man who will treat her. If you're a man who can easily find a woman who will treat you and that's what you want, just focus on those women, but don't be surprised if other women don't follow suit.
There are plenty of single women in their 30s who probably regret having had this entitled mentality when they were in their 20s and were far more desirable. Having seen/dated some of these women in their 30s, let's just say that the tables quickly tend to turn on them once they hit a certain age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 01:19 PM

13,230 posts, read 11,758,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If that is so. Men would gladly have periods if women paid. Men would have periods if women could have shorter lives as men. See, same logic.
I doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
There are plenty of single women in their 30s who probably regret having had this entitled mentality when they were in their 20s and were far more desirable. Having seen/dated some of these women in their 30s, let's just say that the tables quickly tend to turn on them once they hit a certain age.
Ok...so if you think older women are less likely to have an entitled attitude, date them. If you want a young, hot twenty-something, be ready and willing to pay for the date because some other guy certainly will.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:25 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,710,263 times
Quote:
Ok...so if you think older women are less likely to have an entitled attitude, date them. If you want a young, hot twenty-something, be ready and willing to pay for the date because some other guy certainly will.
I tend to go for deeper qualities over superficial qualities anyway. I wouldn't want to be with a woman who felt they were entitled to something because of their looks. I'm a better human being than to sell out for something like that, and thus expect to find a better human being to be with.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:25 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
Quote:
I doubt that.
I think women rather have periods than pay .

Quote:
If you are not willing to have sex in a first date with a young millionaire with a hot sports car then another girl might and she will be the one who ends up living with luxuries others would be jealous about. See, you might come back with "I rather be with a nicer guy than with a millionaire who is like that". Many of us rather be with a girl we like in all aspects instead of an airhead hot sexy entitled girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I tend to go for deeper qualities over superficial qualities anyway. I wouldn't want to be with a woman who felt they were entitled to something because of their looks. I'm a better human being than that, and thus expect to find a better human being to be with.
^^^

Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I think women rather have periods than pay .
Not me. I know what it feels like to pay for a date. You don't know what it feels like to bleed from your nether regions on a monthly basis. I can assure you that paying for dates is more pleasant.

Quote:
If you are not willing to have sex in a first date with a young millionaire with a hot sports car then another girl might and she will be the one who ends up living with luxuries others would be jealous about. See, you might come back with "I rather be with a nicer guy than with a millionaire who is like that". Many of us rather be with a girl we like in all aspects instead of an airhead hot sexy entitled girl.
Ok, then there's no problem.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:43 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,112,421 times
All these threads are so funny - and I know who I can always count on to show up! If I were the OP, I would insist on paying for the whole date - but that's just me. I honestly can't imagine getting this worked up about who pays for dates! Like I said, my husband and I like to treat each other special. It's not just about showing appreciation, courtesy, etc. It's different. It's about truly wanting to make the other person feel special. He enjoyed paying for dates for me. I enjoyed making all of our travel reservations - even when he was traveling by himself. I enjoyed buying something sexy to surprise him with. He enjoyed buying me flowers for no reason. It's not about entitlement, gender wars, equality, yada yada yada. We like putting each other up on a pedestal because we feel that the other person belongs up there.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Ok, then there's no problem.
Yup.

It's nice when both see each other as someone special instead of having entitlements here and there or gender expectations.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 1,672,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
All these threads are so funny - and I know who I can always count on to show up! If I were the OP, I would insist on paying for the whole date - but that's just me. I honestly can't imagine getting this worked up about who pays for dates! Like I said, my husband and I like to treat each other special. It's not just about showing appreciation, courtesy, etc. It's different. It's about truly wanting to make the other person feel special. He enjoyed paying for dates for me. I enjoyed making all of our travel reservations - even when he was traveling by himself. I enjoyed buying something sexy to surprise him with. He enjoyed buying me flowers for no reason. It's not about entitlement, gender wars, equality, yada yada yada. We like putting each other up on a pedestal because we feel that the other person belongs up there.
Now you're making too much sense. Maybe one of these days some of these people will figure this out. I've never been one to keep score. I tend to be the one that pays on a lot of my dates because I make the reservations at the restaurant. Lately, she has treated several times to brunch, and she has bought groceries, though I cook.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Now you're making too much sense. Maybe one of these days some of these people will figure this out. I've never been one to keep score. I tend to be the one that pays on a lot of my dates because I make the reservations at the restaurant. Lately, she has treated several times to brunch, and she has bought groceries, though I cook.
Awesome. I like it that way too. It doesn't involve necessarily both doing exactly the same but keeping nice gestures and what not going back and forth just because for no reason. Saying "He/She should do X for me because that is expected for his/her gender" is a bit different. Not my cup of tea.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yup.

It's nice when both see each other as someone special instead of having entitlements here and there or gender expectations.
I don't see it as entitlement. Everyone has the right to decide for themselves how they want their dates and relationships to go. If a woman expects a man to pay for every date and she can find that, why should that bother me? If a man wants a wife who will do all the cooking and cleaning and he can find that, why should I care? It's not my place to decide how other people's relationships should go. I was merely pointing out the reality that women don't really have to pay for first dates (or any dates if they find that type of man).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or