Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM

245 posts, read 219,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What if she asked me on the date? Anyone who thinks I'm paying for a date I was asked on is crazy. Not a damn thing to do with being cheap.
What difference does it make who asked who?

Must be just how you were raised...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
What if she asked me on the date? Anyone who thinks I'm paying for a date I was asked on is crazy. Not a damn thing to do with being cheap.
If you like her, you should be glad that she took the initiative to ask you out (since you guys claim it's so rare). You could pay for you both to show your appreciation.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
I find it ironic when women complain that if a man doesn't pay for their expenses then those guys are terrible and cheap. As if this doesn't apply to them who don't want to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If you like her, you should be glad that she took the initiative to ask you out (since you guys claim it's so rare). You could pay for you both to show your appreciation.
Yes. A girl asking a guy out is still rare.

If you are going out with a guy who asked you out and you accepted because you obviously like him then how about showing some appreciation as well and pay for both?

Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes. A girl asking a guy out is still rare.

If you are going out with a guy who asked you out and you accepted because you obviously like him then how about showing some appreciation as well and pay?
I told you, I have paid for dates. I don't believe that whoever asks should pay. I'm just saying in the case of a woman asking a man out which is a rare event for many, why sit back and say, "Ok, since she asked, she needs to pay for the date, open the car door for me, pull out my chair, etc.) Just be happy that a woman you like asked you out.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I told you, I have paid for dates. I don't believe that whoever asks should pay. I'm just saying in the case of a woman asking a man out which is a rare event for many, why sit back and say, "Ok, since she asked, she needs to pay for the date, open the car door for me, pull out my chair, etc.) Just be happy that a woman you like asked you out.
Agree. And like I have said before, I don't care if a girl asked me out or not. We both agreed to go out, its OUR date so why not have both of us participate in all aspects of it including expenses? I could sit on my comfy chair and think that since she asked me out then I should just sit like royalty and expect her to bow down before me and do it all while I just simply show up to the date. No. Yes I have been asked out when I am in Asia and I still participate with expenses back and forth.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Agree. And like I have said before, I don't care if a girl asked me out or not. We both agreed to go out, its OUR date so why not have both of us participate in all aspects of it including expenses? I could sit on my comfy chair and think that since she asked me out then I should just sit like royalty and expect her to bow down before me and do it all while I just simply show up to the date. No. Yes I have been asked out when I am in Asia and I still participate with expenses back and forth.
I have no problem with how anyone chooses to handle date expenses. We've had these discussions many times on here and it always boils down to women don't have to pay for dates because there will always be another guy willing to pay for them. If you (meaning any guy reading this) don't want to be that guy, don't be.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:24 AM

284 posts, read 340,881 times
Quote:
Don't worry, Diss. There's no risk of that happening anytime soon

Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
If I was interested in being a total sap and sucker I would but I ain't so I'm going to hold firm on this since it is the one situation I can use a rule that is usually used against men for my benefit.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Don't worry, Diss. There's no risk of that happening anytime soon
I've had this happen few times honey. Don't get twisted.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I have no problem with how anyone chooses to handle date expenses. We've had these discussions many times on here and it always boils down to women don't have to pay for dates because there will always be another guy willing to pay for them. If you (meaning any guy reading this) don't want to be that guy, don't be.
Oh yeah. Not the first one this topic pops up. There will always be a guy willing to pay, there will always be a woman who will be easier to have sex with, there will be a woman who won’t complain about doing house chores, a woman who will take initiative out there, etc. These topics and attitudes have always been a part of this forum and out there.

Quote:
Defend this foolish logic.
It's as logical as saying "women should cook and clean because...well...because!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships