Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 11:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times

Advertisements

I feel bad for her. Sounds like a very bad night.

I had that come up. I was around people who smelled bad all the time. And I wondered if they're even aware of it, or just don't care. Like a lady who works at Wal-Mart. She's a big girl, and always smells bad. As my mother calls her "Big Stinky". figured maybe she is oblivious, kinda like if someone's house stinks. You notice it, but after being their a while, you may get used to it. My mother thinks if they smell that bad, there's no way they don't know-they just don't care.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Yaz, I actually remember personals but used phone personals and came across a lot of smelly people back then. I have a lot of creepy stories about that.

Vanilla Chocolate, I don't think some are aware they smell. I know that very obese people tend to because of skin folds but for others I assume it's hygiene and they know.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Posts like this make me wish I had put myself out there back in the OLD days. I mean if this is the competition...

I was meeting lots of guys that were just horrible. I decided I would rather be single if those types of guys is what I would attract.

For fun last night, I flipped through 100 guys on the "quick match". I only liked "2". Not great odds. One guy keeps messaging me. He is a slob in his pictures and that was at his best? No thanks...

Old 02-05-2015, 03:14 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Some large people sweat really fast, but that does not excuse ratty hair and sloppy clothes. Or bad breath.
Skin folds create areas with decreased airflow and increased sweat. When this sweat mixes with odor-causing bacteria, an unpleasant odor results. Actually anyone who has any type of skin fold or overlap, such as underarms, can experience this type of odor.
However, frequent showers, deodorants, natural fibers clothing, body sprays can at least partially/temporarily eliminate BO.
Sometimes the odor is related to chronic health matters, so if the odor is medical, no amount of personal hygiene care will cure the body problem.
Eww...

I don't date people that make me throw up.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:25 AM

366 posts, read 410,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
As my mother calls her "Big Stinky".
Super classy.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Super classy.
Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Vanilla Chocolate, I don't think some are aware they smell. I know that very obese people tend to because of skin folds but for others I assume it's hygiene and they know.
Probably. I know one guy knew he did. Guy I went to school with, and one of our teachers came to our class to tell us, she didn't know who it was, but someone needed to take a good bath because they stank. Everyone knew who it was, and his cousin told him he stank, and he replied "I know." Guy named Allen. But everyone called him "Big Al."

Then another,, went to school with this one as well, who smelled really badly, worse than the former. Many people in class laughed about how bad he smelled, so not like he wasn't told he stunk, but again, he didn't care, since he continued to smell that way.

So some don't care really, unless it's an issue they need extra help for, like some who sweat more than others, and a strong deodorant may be needed or an issue that may warrant a professional's help. So really no excuse to smell horribly other than indifference.

I couldn't date anyone who constantly stank, and doesn't care to be clean a 1st meeting. I probably would have suffered through the meet to be cordial. I need to work on that lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-05-2015 at 06:07 AM..

Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
You would be surprised at how many adult males have bad hygiene like 12 year old boys

Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 AM

11,394 posts, read 24,436,628 times
I don't mind a person's natural body odor if they've been working hard at the end of a long day. It's normal, not that I want to snuggle up in it.

The problem with this guy is that he didn't learn that everyone should bathe and put on fresh clothes for a date. That's called respect.

She dodged a bullet with that big red flag. Nothing more to it.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I have a friend doing online and she has met some interesting men. Tonight I asked her about her date and she proceeded to tell me about Smelly Man or SM for short. SM asked her to meet at a restaurant and she agreed. She knew what SM looked like but he was larger than he said. She overlooked that. She gets closer and realized he smelled. Bad BO, bad breath and his shirt was stained with sweat. He was also a slob with ratty hair and sloppy clothes. She said people were coming by her and kind of gagging. Because she agreed and didn't want to be rude, she stayed for a drink. She then said she had to go and SM tried to kiss her but she said no. He got upset saying he was looking forward to meeting her. She got home and he called her later. She told him no but he said she'll never meet anyone like him. She was nice but had enough and said he smelled. He made excuses and said if she liked him and wasn't superficial she would overlook this. Huh?

Times like this are why I am glad not to do online. I have come across a few smelly men and a few men I know came across smelly women. I am obsessed with being clean and before I go places I brush my teeth (even if I did earlier), take a shower and wear fresh clothes. I don't get poor hygiene. I know sometimes medicine does cause smell (I once was on medication that did this)but most of the time it's poor hygiene. Sometimes if my boyfriend worked hard he smells but he'll go and take a shower.
I don't recall ever meeting up with anyone smelly.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:09 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I feel bad for her. Sounds like a very bad night.

I had that come up. I was around people who smelled bad all the time. And I wondered if they're even aware of it, or just don't care. Like a lady who works at Wal-Mart. She's a big girl, and always smells bad. As my mother calls her "Big Stinky". figured maybe she is oblivious, kinda like if someone's house stinks. You notice it, but after being their a while, you may get used to it. My mother thinks if they smell that bad, there's no way they don't know-they just don't care.
They can't smell themselves anymore. Some people never learn correct hygiene.

I don't mind a little work out sweat, but if it is old sweat...yuck!

Bad breath is less bad, because sometimes people just ate something smelly. Once they brush their teeth and floss the issue goes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships