Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times

Advertisements

And relive the heartache? Is it really worth it? Granted, noone wants to be alone on Valentine's Day. But I'd rather be alone than with an ex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 03:17 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
And relive the heartache? Is it really worth it? Granted, noone wants to be alone on Valentine's Day. But I'd rather be alone than with an ex
Yes, true. It depends on the circumstances of the breakup. If it was too messy or painful, don't go there, OP. It sounds like she may be wanting to use you as an emotional security blanket. If you do go, avoid V-Day.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
If I ever spent time with an ex, it only took me a short while to remember why they were "ex."

Old 02-07-2015, 12:10 PM

625 posts, read 952,396 times
UPDATE

My ex-girlfriend called me this afternoon to tell me that she talked with her boyfriend about their relationship. After I broke up with my ex-girlfriend last June, she reunited with her former boyfriend from 10 years ago. They were seeing each other for several months, but she discovered last week that he has a fiancé of 8 years. He denied it, saying that the other woman, who lives a different state, is not with him anymore. She was very upset and called me the other night, because she wanted me to go to a club with her on Valentine's Day instead of her boyfriend. As it turns out, her mom actually favors me over the other guy, especially after the recent discovery that he has a fiancé. But my ex-girlfriend talked to her four kids, and although I was nice to her kids, I didn't want to marry her and take on the responsibility of four kids that are not mine. Honestly, I think she will talk to her boyfriend some more and give him another chance because she hopes that he will possibly marry her someday and be the stepfather of her four kids.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
UPDATE

My ex-girlfriend called me this afternoon to tell me that she talked with her boyfriend about their relationship. After I broke up with my ex-girlfriend last June, she reunited with her former boyfriend from 10 years ago. They were seeing each other for several months, but she discovered last week that he has a fiancé of 8 years. He denied it, saying that the other woman, who lives a different state, is not with him anymore. She was very upset and called me the other night, because she wanted me to go to a club with her on Valentine's Day instead of her boyfriend. As it turns out, her mom actually favors me over the other guy, especially after the recent discovery that he has a fiancé. But my ex-girlfriend talked to her four kids, and although I was nice to her kids, I didn't want to marry her and take on the responsibility of four kids that are not mine. Honestly, I think she will talk to her boyfriend some more and give him another chance because she hopes that he will possibly marry her someday and be the stepfather of her four kids.
Her ex has been engaged for 8 years? To someone who lives in another state from him??

Why can't your ex find a guy who's available? Most people move on, they don't go around recycling old exes. This whole story is weird. Steer clear.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:38 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Quote:
I didn't want to marry her and take on the responsibility of four kids that are not mine.
In that case do not meet up with her and give her false hope.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:53 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
Wow, I wouldn't go anywhere near that. That sounds like a hornet's nest you'd be walking into. And really, why would you want to put yourself through that? You must have had a good reason to break up, right? My advice is just say no thank you and move on.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:54 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,456 times
Since this story sounded a little familiar ...

Quote:
This is why I would never marry single moms. Single moms just want someone to financially support them, but these are the same women who wouldn't have looked at most men prior to having kids. I was in a relationship with a single mom of 4 kids for a total of 9 months. She had 4 kids from 3 different fathers. She gets child support from one of the fathers. I think she gets money from retirement plan from her ex-husband who passed away years after their divorce. I loved her very much, but I wouldn't have married someone who has 4 kids that are not mine. We broke up in June. She went back to her ex-boyfriend from 10 years ago, and I am dating someone else now. Honestly, I think the single moms who dated me were only interested in me because I work full-time and I am single, never married, and I don't have any kids.
That was posted 1/23/15 ... Still dating someone else?

I think your ex needs to fix her picker. She likes to recycle exes, and based on your threads, you're a grown man living back home with mom n dad and not paying them any rent so that you can gain more financial stability, meanwhile knocking single moms left and right for only using men for money.

Pot, meet Kettle!

Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 PM

625 posts, read 952,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Since this story sounded a little familiar ...

That was posted 1/23/15 ... Still dating someone else?

I think your ex needs to fix her picker. She likes to recycle exes, and based on your threads, you're a grown man living back home with mom n dad and not paying them any rent so that you can gain more financial stability, meanwhile knocking single moms left and right for only using men for money.

Pot, meet Kettle!

I dated someone else for a couple months and I broke up with that woman last week.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
UPDATE

Just keeps getting worse.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships