Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 12:56 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times

Advertisements

Does body size matter indeed?

To some, yes it does. and it seems that news, media, tv, etc all push 'what should matter' these days.

To those looking for true love, no. Nothing matters. It's all about the 'person' and their heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 01:06 PM

914 posts, read 765,545 times
No worries Op, more than a few guys like thick and bbw. Just try to stay healthy

Old 02-10-2015, 01:28 PM

743 posts, read 831,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Does body size matter indeed?

To some, yes it does. and it seems that news, media, tv, etc all push 'what should matter' these days.

To those looking for true love, no. Nothing matters. It's all about the 'person' and their heart.
So if someone is only physically attracted to a pretty, thin girl then they don't want true love?

Science says we want the most attractive mate we can get. I'm not sure why people pretend otherwise. Those that weren't blessed physically tend to make up these things to make themselves feel better. People eventually learn their physical value and settle for around the same.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 PM

288 posts, read 255,529 times
Physical appearance does matter to me. I have to be physically attracted and have chemistry with a person to be with them. I am athletic and prefer to do something active any time. Someone that's not active or otherwise overweight will not share the same way about fitness as I do, and it's a lifestyle for me. Thus in the long run it wouldn't wit and he wouldn't enjoy doing activities with me that I love

Old 02-10-2015, 01:41 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
In the world of online dating size absolutely matters. Anyone that tells you otherwise is just being nice.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
This. I feel this is what is often missing on this forum. So simply stated. And so true.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:48 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post
Physical appearance does matter to me. I have to be physically attracted and have chemistry with a person to be with them.
People keep saying this, here. "Have to have chemistry". But chemistry is mainly in the mind. It's a mental phenomenon that gives rise to a physical reaction. Anything can be a turn-on: a certain sense of humor, intelligence, caring, the way someone relates to others, discovering the other person grew up in your neighborhood and had friends and favorite hang-outs in common with you, similar interests, a dedication to fighting injustice. Anything.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:54 PM

743 posts, read 831,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
People keep saying this, here. "Have to have chemistry". But chemistry is mainly in the mind. It's a mental phenomenon that gives rise to a physical reaction. Anything can be a turn-on: a certain sense of humor, intelligence, caring, the way someone relates to others, discovering the other person grew up in your neighborhood and had friends and favorite hang-outs in common with you, similar interests, a dedication to fighting injustice. Anything.

The chemistry examples you stated would only result in friendship if sexual physical attraction isn't there as well.

Of course I have seen plenty settle for people they openly didn't find attractive. But they had ulterior motives such as money or not wanting to be lonely at the moment.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 PM

288 posts, read 255,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I agree with you, for me I also have to have the physical attraction. For me personally I don't see being with someone that I don't find physically attractive orhave chemistry. For myself it has to be both in order for me to have a successful relationship last. Also everyone defines what is physically attractive and chemistry differently.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Science says we want the most attractive mate we can get. I'm not sure why people pretend otherwise. Those that weren't blessed physically tend to make up these things to make themselves feel better. People eventually learn their physical value and settle for around the same.
Science DOESN'T say that attraction is just physical. It's based on a combination of factors. I could be physically attracted to some thin 20something blond, but if she has an ugly personality, that pretty much kills my attraction to her. Likewise, I could meet a 40something woman who's overweight, but discover we have lots of shared interests, make each other laugh, and have more fun together than I'd ever have with the skinny blond. That's why it's not so simple to say that we all go after the most attractive person we can get. The great part about being attracted to someone is that you don't (or shouldn't) have to explain it to anyone. Maybe the kind of woman you find attractive isn't the kind I would. Does that mean there's something wrong with me? Of course not. We all have our likes and dislikes. You have things that turn you off, but they might not turn me off at all. What I do see a lot of on this board and in this thread is the need to pass judgment on those who don't have the same standards as someone else. The OP wants to know if it's hopeless to find men who'll accept her. It's not. But it requires having realistic expectations about who you'll attract. Fair or unfair, people do factor in looks. But a lot of us don't stop there nor do we rule someone out just because they're overweight. That's NOT settling. It's called learning from experience. And some of us have learned the hard way just why it's so important to keep an open mind. Cause too often we missed out on some terrific people because they didn't quite fit the ideals we were shooting for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships