Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 05:28 PM

270 posts, read 283,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I see plenty of women that are on the pudgy side with men of all sizes....... If you're just a few pounds overweight I don't see you being confined to "singledom" as you put it. If you're bust a 100 lbs or more over weight I can see things being more of a problem.

Especially if your over 35 or so, most men in that age rage are a bit more realistic in what they expect in a woman.

I won't deny that there are a lot of men that prefer thinner, but not all, cause like I said there are plenty of larger women with men.
That is, unfortunately, not what I have been seeing. Men getting their second + wind seem to have very high expectations (online). I have an advanced degree, a six-figure salary (which I don't advertise on dating sites!), nice pics (as evidenced by a lot of traffic to my profile, but that's where it ends). I have reached out to men, and contacted them first, but mostly heard nothing back. I received two friendly no thank you notes out of all of them. So much for the myth of men wanting to be contacted by women. And no, I'm not in the 100 lbs too much range. One guy told me he was looking for a ski bunny, not a Yeti. Ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 05:39 PM

52,261 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
That is, unfortunately, not what I have been seeing. Men getting their second + wind seem to have very high expectations (online). I have an advanced degree, a six-figure salary (which I don't advertise on dating sites!), nice pics (as evidenced by a lot of traffic to my profile, but that's where it ends). I have reached out to men, and contacted them first, but mostly heard nothing back. I received two friendly no thank you notes out of all of them. So much for the myth of men wanting to be contacted by women. And no, I'm not in the 100 lbs too much range. One guy told me he was looking for a ski bunny, not a Yeti. Ouch!
I've never online dated so I can only take you at face value. What age range are you, I'm guessing mid late 40's based on the salary alone.

Do you have a pic up? If so, is it a good shot of you? Does your ad say loves walks on the beach and crap like that... I suppose if you could jazz up the profile a bit, that might help.

I'm sorry you got the yeti comment, that's just rude...

From what I've heard online dating sucks... but it seems like it should be a great thing.... I don't know what I'd do if I was out in the jungle of the dating world... I'd probably hang it up and turn into a monk..... LOL.......

I've always loved women that were/are a size 16/18 and curvy..... Mmmm.... makes the old mouth water thinking about it........

Best of luck to you.....

Keep kissing those frogs....... you're bound to find a prince sooner or later.....

Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
What size are you? I have noticed though that many men in my age range (I am 44 so talking mid 30's to early 50's)would mention weight and some wanted very slim. The irony is most of them were overweight, obese in most cases. They are delusional and will be on dating sites for years. Maybe online isn't for you (it wasn't for me).

Old 02-06-2015, 05:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
America I love u dearly but when it comes to the matchmaker game u r a sea of 2's looking for a 10
Trying to buy 4 million dollar beach home for a dollar
Eharmoney has attempted to replace self improvement with marketing
Unlike shrek
If there is one thing a slob can't stand it's another slob

Old 02-06-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've never online dated so I can only take you at face value. What age range are you, I'm guessing mid late 40's based on the salary alone.

Do you have a pic up? If so, is it a good shot of you? Does your ad say loves walks on the beach and crap like that... I suppose if you could jazz up the profile a bit, that might help.

I'm sorry you got the yeti comment, that's just rude...

From what I've heard online dating sucks... but it seems like it should be a great thing.... I don't know what I'd do if I was out in the jungle of the dating world... I'd probably hang it up and turn into a monk..... LOL.......

I've always loved women that were/are a size 16/18 and curvy..... Mmmm.... makes the old mouth water thinking about it........

Best of luck to you.....

Keep kissing those frogs....... you're bound to find a prince sooner or later.....
I'm 50 now. Pic were up, all sorts, face shots, full-body shots, activity shots, all current. Lol on the walks on the beach, heck no. I know better than being that cheezy. The profile has actually been reviewed by friends, some of which were male. You got me pegged on the size, though. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 02-06-2015, 05:49 PM

535 posts, read 515,636 times
I agree with the OP. Of course they're all generalizations, but that does seem to be the case.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What size are you? I have noticed though that many men in my age range (I am 44 so talking mid 30's to early 50's)would mention weight and some wanted very slim. The irony is most of them were overweight, obese in most cases. They are delusional and will be on dating sites for years. Maybe online isn't for you (it wasn't for me).
I oscillate between 16 and 18, trending downwards, albeit ever so slowly. What I notice is that many overweight and even obese men list themselves as average or athletic.

I would agree that I'd be better off not being online, but I live in an extremely underpopulated, rural area, and would depend on dating sites to even meet people.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:55 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Just tossing this out- might be your age as well, just a thought and I'm interested in what others think!
I'm almost your age, but an athletic build size 6, and like you a six figure income and advanced degree. Stopped dating years ago when it seemed that the general male consensus was any female over 42/43 was too old.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I oscillate between 16 and 18, trending downwards, albeit ever so slowly. What I notice is that many overweight and even obese men list themselves as average or athletic.

I would agree that I'd be better off not being online, but I live in an extremely underpopulated, rural area, and would depend on dating sites to even meet people.
Yeah online is bad. I mean at my heaviest I was a size 12 (I slimmed down)and even at size 8-10 I had guys tell me I was too fat. I've always been athletic (I do yoga, run swim, lift weights etc)but so many men wanted more, they wanted to see ribs. My loser ex who was obese is on a dating site (I didn't meet him online)and he lists himself as "average". There is no way a 5'8 350 pound man is "average".

Old 02-06-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Just tossing this out- might be your age as well, just a thought and I'm interested in what others think!
I'm almost your age, but an athletic build size 6, and like you a six figure income and advanced degree. Stopped dating years ago when it seemed that the general male consensus was any female over 42/43 was too old.
This too sadly. So many men on dating sites rejected me based on age, starting as early as 35 or so. These men are delusional because they want younger and thinner than them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships