Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM

588 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Body size matters a lot. If someone is overweight they shouldn't be dating until they get their life in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 04:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,104,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Body size matters a lot. If someone is overweight they shouldn't be dating until they get their life in order.
That's ridiculous.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,952,225 times
Quote:
I've read a lot of unintelligent idiocy on this forum over years, and this statement is probably not the worst. But it's close. Easily one of the top-5 most idiotic things I've read here. If memory serves, this poster has a couple more in the top-10...

Old 03-06-2015, 05:51 PM

743 posts, read 828,837 times
Quote:
I wouldn't date an obese person, and I still wholeheartedly disagree with you. There are plenty of people who would like them and their weight doesn't reflect how good of a partner they would be. Promote people to better themselves in a positive way, not belittle them.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,695,453 times
Quote:
Oh Jeez.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,355,305 times
I would be considered mature so I will give my opinion......
Those men who are posting that kind of thing have a "requirement" that they are in search of someone thin. What they are really doing is announcing just how surface they really are and how they have little to offer to women other than being interested in someone physically.

I am not what would be considered "heavy" at all and never really have been. I am 54 and still get told I am built like a brick you-know-what house by men. I was interested in one of these men until that crude remark came out of his mouth because I knew exactly what he was interested in. No thank you. But, in the past, I have been with men who made it clear to me if I gain very much weight they would disappear. Nasty nasty. So I stupidly about starved myself at times to make sure I stayed thin just to hang on to them. And believe you me, they were no GQ Magazine models...certainly not. I didn't choose men I dated and had relationships with based on their appearance. Sure there were men who I was physically attracted to. One man showed me a picture of him when he was in his 20's and he was shirtless and it was his head shot, as he was an actor at one time. He had muscles in that pic and looked quite hot. When I met him (both in our 40's) those muscles in his arms were gone and the six-pack abs???? Well, he gave up lifting weights to lifting up 6 packs of beer. I found myself thinking, "Gosh, wish he looked like that now." But I did not care for him less and didn't try to push him into taking up weight lifting to get in better shape. (Although, if he had chosen to do so, he wouldn't hear a breath of complaint uttered from my lips .

Women.......exercise and lose weight for YOU (if you want to)!!! Put YOURSELF first and not anyone else. OP, please don't pay attention to bozos on a dating site(s) who say that they will only date lean women! If you are become lean for "one of them", date them, and happen to gain weight again, what's to say someone you devoted part of your precious life to will up and leave you? Like you, I know many women who are heavy who are in happy relationships. There are men out there who are not superficial like that and who are searching for you and what you are like as a human being. (And I think it is especially nervy for heavy men to specify that one of their "requirements" is that they have to have someone thin, when they themselves are not that way! Nasty nasty!)

Going forward, I have grown and matured and I do have something that is an important "requirement" and that is that I would never ever date a man who is so obsessed with appearances. If someone does not care about me anymore than that and physical appearance is going to be a deal breaker than it isn't a matter of me not deserving them---it is a matter of them not deserving ME!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:05 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,610,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
For instance the sports illustrated girl who got all the attention because she wasn't the typical sports illustrated girl and she was said to look like the average woman, but to me if that was what an average women looks like than that to me is considered overweight... That is how I saw her.
Are you referring to this woman?

Sports Illustrated Adds Plus-Size Ashley Graham to 2015 Swimsuit Issue - Us Weekly

She's not thin, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe her as overweight.

Quote:
So if someone's overweight, they don't have their life in order? If that's the standard, then maybe someone who still has a student loan shouldn't date either. After all, if you're carrying debt, that could qualify as not having your life in order. How do you decide when a person has their life in order? Don't you think they're in a better position to decide that than you?

Old 03-07-2015, 06:55 AM

270 posts, read 282,510 times
Quote:
What kind of "dis"order do you expect to find with an overweight person?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:11 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,952,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
What kind of "dis"order do you expect to find with an overweight person?
Naturally, they have the audacity to not conform to HIS ideals. This is unacceptable to him because he is the most important person in the universe and the rest of us are simply here to accommodate his happiness and pleasure.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:11 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Are you referring to this woman?

Sports Illustrated Adds Plus-Size Ashley Graham to 2015 Swimsuit Issue - Us Weekly

She's not thin, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe her as overweight.

So if someone's overweight, they don't have their life in order? If that's the standard, then maybe someone who still has a student loan shouldn't date either. After all, if you're carrying debt, that could qualify as not having your life in order. How do you decide when a person has their life in order? Don't you think they're in a better position to decide that than you?
She looks overweight to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships