Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is remaining an adult male virgin weird & wrong
Yes to both 9 7.69%
Yes, Weird 10 8.55%
Yes, Wrong 1 0.85%
No 91 77.78%
Wow 6 5.13%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 11:29 PM

619 posts, read 648,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's fine. I hope someday you'll find a nice, black Christian woman to marry.
Or a green alien with purple spots from the planet ZOLTAN who dances in a hula skirt and prays to almond M&M's...whatever makes him happy =c)

Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,934,838 times
I'm a big fan of that alien from ZOLTAN. I hear aliens will let you do anything!

Old 02-07-2015, 11:37 PM

619 posts, read 648,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm a big fan of that alien from ZOLTAN. I hear aliens will let you do anything!
They do, they really, really do.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:39 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Alien chicks are hot....

Captain Kirk can't be wrong.....

Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,622,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't want to make the OP feel bad, but yeah... it's a little weird to be 24 or older and have never had sex... unless of course you're saving yourself for marriage....
You do realize that you made the OP feel bad, not sure if it was intentional or inadvertent, but there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with desiring to wait for the right person and actually being able to do this. Those of us who want to wait should not be made by others to feel ashamed or bad because we actually value relationships, commitment, and sex differently than you do.

Last edited by JobZombie; 02-08-2015 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-08-2015, 10:49 AM

3,156 posts, read 3,326,734 times
Its uncommon. I know 2 guys in their 40's who are virgins. So you're not the only one.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:56 AM

51,904 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You do realize that you made the OP feel bad, not sure if it was intentional or inadvertent, but there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with desiring to wait for the right person and actually being able to do this. Those of us who want to wait should not be made by others to feel ashamed or bad because we actually value relationships, commitment, and sex differently than you do.

I guess you didn't read my entire post, I did give proper respect to those that wait. In this day and age of pretty much hedonism and the anything goes attitude we seem to have in this society for me to say that it's a "little weird" shouldn't cause the OP to break down and feel too badly, if he's got enough stones to go against the grain and do it his way one guy on the Internet saying that it's a little weird, in a gentle and not overly mean fashion he should be able to pull through and not start crying in his cheerios....

I most certainly didn't say it was wrong, as he asked for weird and wrong.... nothing wrong if it suits the person.... all things legal of course.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:56 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,688,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Alien chicks are hot....

Captain Kirk can't be wrong.....
I made out with him, he likes androids.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 PM

29 posts, read 25,772 times
Things are only important if you think they are important. I'm a virgin at 34...this would probably be a tragedy to most people but it's not to me because I don't give it any relevance.

Just live your life and ignore age-related milestones.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:02 PM

22 posts, read 37,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I don't get why guys are so obsessed with virginity.

No it's not a problem...quit worrying about it. Go out and live your life the way you want to and forget everyone else and what they're doing.

It's very simple.
For me, it's not as simple as it sounds. It's a little bit difficult when everybody else around says that you are the oddball for it or aren't a "real man" because you've never had sex. It's like losing your virginity is some mark of adulthood, and because I have one it's like you're a little boy. Virginity is misunderstood to be a sign of ugliness or a loser (at least for men). Nobody seems to really think about it other than to make fun of it from what I've seen. With all the stereotypes about virgins, I find it hard to find who understands me and my reasons for being a virgin. They just want to say you're weird. People have called me every mean adjective in the book, from nuts to prudish. So it hasn't been easy there. Virginity's a lonely boat. The majority doesn't want to understand it or my reasons why I'm maintaining it, at least in my experience.

It's also hard to find anybody who understands celibacy either. It's almost like people just find it unfathomable that there are people not looking to have sex and/or remaining a virgin in life in my case. Well, remaining a virgin in life with ability to change for a girl who I'll marry in my case. It's such a foreign deal for so many to think of remaining a virgin. People just think that something is wrong with you like I said in the article, i.e. hangups or religious weirdo. Or that you can't get anybody. Those are the things I have caught honestly. So, it's simply hasn't been easy for me at least, and downplaying peoples pressure isn't helping either. I'd like to move on, but everyone's pejorative opinions keep drawing me back and make me wonder if I am a weirdo like they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships