Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times

Advertisements

OP, just go to the gym.

And eat, don't forget to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 10:31 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,721 times
I used to be 6'1 and 145 lbs, I looked rail thin and weak, I was actually pretty strong and athletic compared to most people though. Women definitely like me better at 200, I've even had them tell me how much better I look now.

I think you'd be fine though, it's just you're not comfortable with your look, nor was I. It my lack of confidence that was the most unappealing thing I think. Eat a lot and lift 3 times a week for an hour or so if you're so worried about it. Eat A lot!

Blaming it on being an ectomorpth is a cop out. Seriously. Eat a bunch and do compound lifts 3 times a week, then add more things and days as you progress. The gym honestly improved my life in a lot of ways. It's crazy how much more other men respect you when you're normal sized. I wish I would've got into it way younger.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:45 PM

743 posts, read 831,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I used to be 6'1 and 145 lbs, I looked rail thin and weak, I was actually pretty strong and athletic compared to most people though. Women definitely like me better at 200, I've even had them tell me how much better I look now.

I think you'd be fine though, it's just you're not comfortable with your look, nor was I. It my lack of confidence that was the most unappealing thing I think. Eat a lot and lift 3 times a week for an hour or so if you're so worried about it. Eat A lot!

Blaming it on being an ectomorpth is a cop out. Seriously. Eat a bunch and do compound lifts 3 times a week, then add more things and days as you progress. The gym honestly improved my life in a lot of ways. It's crazy how much more other men respect you when you're normal sized. I wish I would've got into it way younger.
I actually had the most women in my life when I was the most out of shape and carefree. All about confidence and personality for many (as long as you are still somewhat attractive)

Old 02-09-2015, 11:01 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Blaming it on being an ectomorpth is a cop out. Seriously. Eat a bunch and do compound lifts 3 times a week, then add more things and days as you progress.
a good example of "this worked for me, therefore I am an expert, you are not doing it right if it doesn't work for you" logic

Old 02-09-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
a good example of "this worked for me, therefore I am an expert, you are not doing it right if it doesn't work for you" logic
It works for anyone.

Calorie surplus = weight gain
Calorie deficit = weight loss

Muscle damage + calorie surplus = muscle gains.

Step 3 profit!

Old 02-09-2015, 11:07 PM

141 posts, read 160,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
except that there is little correlation between body size and ability to protect you. A 130 pound pro mma fighter can take out untrained men of any size. then weapons come into play in most defense situations which makes size even less relevant
Not the case with the OP though, or most 130 pound guys.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacere View Post
Not the case with the OP though, or most 130 pound guys.
There is less than a half of one percent chance of needing to fight with your fists to protect your life or someone elses in America. 99% of fights are trivial and avoidable. If a woman needs a big, strong man for this incredibly unlikely scenario, perhaps she should take self defense or MMA classes herself, or buy a defense weapon. This excuse some are making is null and void.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
There is less than a half of one percent chance of needing to fight with your fists to protect your life or someone elses in America. 99% of fights are trivial and avoidable. If a woman needs a big, strong man for this incredibly unlikely scenario, perhaps she should take self defense or MMA classes herself, or buy a defense weapon. This excuse some are making is null and void.
Ever been to a bar?

Old 02-09-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Ever been to a bar?
Yes. If you're that worried about a fight, perhaps one should not engage in situations where they are more likely to occur. Or find a more mellow bar where people go to relax and socialize rather than a rager full of young testosterone and jealous girlfriends.

Fighting in a bar only results in a criminal charge, and it is ALWAYS over something stupid. No one wins, regardless of the trivial fight outcome.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Yes. If you're that worried about a fight, perhaps one should not engage in situations where they are more likely to occur. Or find a more mellow bar where people go to relax and socialize rather than a rager full of young testosterone and jealous girlfriends.

Fighting in a bar only results in a criminal charge, and it is ALWAYS over something stupid. No one wins, regardless of the trivial fight outcome.
No it doesn't; I got into a fight at a bar about 1 1/2 yrs ago because someone slapped my then gf. Cops believed it was self defense and didn't even give me a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships