Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 06:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times

Advertisements

Are you avoiding hot women because they'll reject you? A lot of guys go after lesser attractive women because they're easier to impress over a stunner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 06:32 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
Just because you are good looking, why would others expect you to be so shallow as to only pursue above average looking women. Pursue who you like. Personally, I think you have the right attitude. In my dating years, my experience was that the very attractive women were very stuck on themselves, very choosy, game players, and not very bright as a rule. Let the rest all chase the hot women. AS for me, I found a very pretty, but shy woman who is wonderful and has been a very good wife.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM

356 posts, read 365,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I've been told by close friends that my taste in women is strange. Strange in the sense, that I do go for goodlooking women, compared to a lot of guys, and what they like. Even my mom, had this conversation with me sort of, so perhaps it's an issue.

Basically I go for average, to possible below average looking women, when they say I am a very handsome and fit man, and should go for women in my own league, or don't lower myself, cause there is no reason to. One of them said that I am a 8 or 9 out of 10, but wonders why I go for 4s or 5s.

However, I do not look at it that way per say. I have had my experiences with women who are considered by society to be more 'hot', in the past, but they were all bad experiences.

The problem is, is that I find a lot of those women to be egotistical or stuck up. A lot of them perhaps suffer from low self esteem, causing them to become egotistical, because of how they are worshiped by men more, maybe. But that is just a theory, and I don't know if it's true. Not judging.

I won't rule out hot girls entirely, and will give one a shot once in a while, but so far, they have all been bad experiences, compared to the average looking women, where the positive experience ratio is a lot higher. So I usually tend to stick with them, but is strange?

Isn't a member of the opposite sex more attractive if they have a better personality, rather than looks? Especially if being goodlooking can cause self esteem issues? I have known guys who have went for really hot girlfriend's but the price to pay was to be treated like crap from them, and they still accepted this because of their looks, I am assuming.

Do I have a problem or am I not ambitious enough? Am I the one with the issue?
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.
Audrey Hepburn

Old 02-11-2015, 03:00 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,264,797 times
Nothing wrong with whatever your taste is in women. Lots of guys don't really care about how 'hot' a woman is. Life isn't a contest to see who can snag the prettiest chick.

Personality and intelligence are way way way more important to me and most (but not all) guys I know. I gave up on the 'hot' thing when I was a teenager, and it wasn't because 'hot' women were avoiding me. I prefer a partner instead of a high maintenance trophy.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:05 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
If you are attracted to someone because of her personality, sense of humor, things you have in common, etc., then that's great, and looks aren't the most important thing long term anyway. So if it's genuine attraction on your part, then go for it and tell people to mind their own business if they say anything.

But if you are seeking out these women specifically because you think that being an 8 or 9 gives you some sort of advantage because they are a 4 or 5, then that's a problem.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:14 PM

743 posts, read 831,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PachucodeOro View Post
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.
Audrey Hepburn
Please don't quote people who promote extreme feminist agendas. The quote is also wrong. There is no "true beauty in a soul" and people clearly get less attractive as they grow old.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:31 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,803 times
I'm more attracted to the quirky, artsy girl who dresses a little funny than I'm attracted to what most men think of when they use the word "Hot."

I definitely wouldn't settle for someone who I'm not physically attracted to, if that's what you're asking. I've been around the type of women who can't pass a mirror without starting at themselves, but not all good looking people are like that. My girlfriends sister is like that - she's an attention craver, adds randoms on IG and snapchat and does OLD to protect her fragile ego. Shes always depressed and is in a new relationship each week.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nothing wrong with picking low hanging fruit.
I think the problem with that is that some men (not necessarily the OP) get mad later on when these "average" women don't seem grateful for their attention. Then they end up resenting all women.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:59 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times
You go for personality over looks and you're a guy?? Are you real??

Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM

356 posts, read 365,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
Please don't quote people who promote extreme feminist agendas. The quote is also wrong. There is no "true beauty in a soul" and people clearly get less attractive as they grow old.
No one cares what you think have a nice day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships