Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:18 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon75 View Post
My high school was huge on making money during that period of time. They had flower-grams thing where you can purchase a carnation for someone with a message. (this was back in the early 90s.. so yes paper was used, haha) And it was never fun because people all competed to see who received the most. STUPID idea honestly! But they made a ton of money that way.
Seems like I remember something like that. I can't recall, as it seems like ages ago. So I don't remember if I got anything, or just a little.

But usually on V-day, the only valentine I get was from my mother, who would send something to the school. And I was happy for that, least I got something from someone. But as I got older, that seemed more sad that sweet or fun. So I told her to stop doing it, and i'd just as soon get nothing. Especially when people ask who I got the stuff from.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-13-2015 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
I don't know. There is a beer release party I'd like to check out, but I think the girl I was seeing will be there. Not sure I want to deal with that yet.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Seems like I remember something like that. I can't recall, as it seems like ages ago. So I don't remember if I got anything, or just a little.

But usually on V-day, the only valentine I get was from my mother, who would send something to the school. And I was happy for that, least I got something from someone. But as I got older, that seemed more sad that sweet or fun. So I told her to stop doing it, and i'd just as soon get nothing. Especially when people ask who I got the stuff from.
Don't you just hate that?

*Sigh* I wish most people didn't make such a big deal about it.

I didn't get any hearts or anything like that until 8th grade...from my girl friends. I was happy I got something....it's not a big deal but it was a little heart wrenching to see everyone else get stuff from people they liked.

It's all good though. Valentine's day isn't just about romance.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:44 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Probably eat candy and go for a walk. Get some errands done, watch a couple of movies, maybe make myself a nice breakfast. Then go to Valentine Bingo and hopefully win a prize like a gift card or something useful. Get some rest. Maybe order Chinese for dinner and watch another movie.

I might find something fun going on while I'm out walking and doing errands that I might get into since I live downtown in the city center.

Just because Im single doesnt mean I wont enjoy myself on a day for couples.
It's almost time for all the beautiful Cherry Blossoms trees to bloom.....

Old 02-13-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't have any special plans, but I did buy a Valentine's day gift for an old college friend I know who is always depressed about being single and forgotten on Valentine's Day. I thought it would cheer him up. It's a game I know he wants and it's going to be delivered on Valentine's day (he lives long distance from me so I conspired with a friend of his to get the gift to him).

The gift card with it says something about him "scoring a game on Valentine's Day" then wishing him a happy Valentine's day or something like that (can't remember exactly what I wrote, but I thought it was clever at the time).

I am pretty excited about it all. I really hope I make his day and cheer him up. As corny as it sounds, making other people happy makes me all warm, fuzzy, and happy inside too.
Your a wonderful, thoughtful lady.....

Have a beautiful day...

Old 02-13-2015, 03:22 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Nothing, it's a stupid, made-up Hallmark holiday.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I bought my family members choc candy, conversation hearts, valentine cards with gift cards.
I will make them something for dinner too.

Just because I'm single doesn't mean I don't love others.
You are soo sweet.....

Old 02-13-2015, 03:25 PM

356 posts, read 365,382 times
Never done any thing for VDay so what evers yo!

Old 02-13-2015, 04:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't know. There is a beer release party I'd like to check out, but I think the girl I was seeing will be there. Not sure I want to deal with that yet.
Oh no, did things go sour right before V-Day?

Old 02-13-2015, 04:51 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Don't you just hate that?

*Sigh* I wish most people didn't make such a big deal about it.

I didn't get any hearts or anything like that until 8th grade...from my girl friends. I was happy I got something....it's not a big deal but it was a little heart wrenching to see everyone else get stuff from people they liked.

It's all good though. Valentine's day isn't just about romance.
Yeah. Sucks lol But it is past. I could, and probably will, just be home on V-day. it'll just be another Saturday like every other Sat. I mean heck, we barely celebrated Xmas last year. My mother and I just watched anime. Only a few episodes though, since my mother ran up all the others watching them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships