Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 11:17 AM

924 posts, read 1,643,645 times

Advertisements

Now I've known (or thought) this to be a trademark of a girl not interested. That's just obvious, yeah?

This is a girl who had a huge thing for me while I was still dating someone else. But I can't tell if she still likes me in that way anymore now when I'm single.

So before the first date, I asked her out one night and she said she couldn't, she was busy. She didn't tell me why she was busy and didn't offer an alternate time. I thought ok, she's moved on, time to move on myself. Didn't text her again after that. But she contacted me again 2 days later to initiate conversation; we talked for a little and I figured this was my second opportunity to ask her on a date. Which I did... she said she couldn't that night, but offered another night.

So we went on that first date and it went pretty good, but she was definitely guarded. Wouldn't give me any opportunity to kiss her or anything. I couldn't tell if it was cause she was nervous and wasn't ready to take it to a physical level yet, or because she wasn't into me like that anymore.

That was Sunday night, I didn't talk to her Monday. This morning I asked her to go to the mall with me tomorrow. She said she couldn't cause she works, so I asked about the following day. She's babysitting her brother's daughter. So I said that maybe it'd be easier for her to let me know what days she is available. That's not something I'd normally do, but given last time and that she didn't offer an alternate time, I figured I'd skip that little social cue. She hasn't responded yet

Should I throw in the towel on this or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 11:31 AM

535 posts, read 515,361 times
Yeah throw in the towel. I strongly feel that if someone wants to see you they will fully explain why they can't and give many other options. Even in friendships I think this should be the case. Certainly with romantic stuff and dates, you should put forth effort into trying to make a date happen.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
I agree. People have busy schedules, but if they're interested in seeing you, they'll tell you when they're free.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Somebody who WANTS to get together with you will communicate to you when that works for them.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM

545 posts, read 631,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
So I said that maybe it'd be easier for her to let me know what days she is available. That's not something I'd normally do, but given last time and that she didn't offer an alternate time, I figured I'd skip that little social cue. She hasn't responded yet?
So you gave a text asking for times she'd be available and she didn't respond yet? I would say things are still open enough that throwing in the towel now would be you rejecting her.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:11 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
So you gave a text asking for times she'd be available and she didn't respond yet? I would say things are still open enough that throwing in the towel now would be you rejecting her.
True enough. How I take it from here will be largely dependent on her response to that text.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:21 PM

914 posts, read 765,545 times
Sorry Op, she probably isn't into you. Just move on

Old 02-10-2015, 02:27 PM

545 posts, read 631,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
True enough. How I take it from here will be largely dependent on her response to that text.
Texting slaughters early relationships. You should always establish only calling asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships