Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:56 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But it's not a fact. No one is disagreeing that people (male and female)are generally more attractive when they are younger, we are saying it's not always the case. I know plenty of people who were ugly when they were younger and got better looking.

You are, basically. You're arguing with people that are saying that it is true. Nobody has said it's always the case. Not once. And yet, you're continuing to argue it. You're trying to find absolutes where they don't exist, solely for the chance to argue something you don't like.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:57 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
In my experience, when men "go after" women - the only thing they are taking into consideration is what they look like. They don't know anything about their sense of humor, intelligence level, baggage, sexual expertise, etc. If they look good, they go after them. It seems really simple to me.

I guess. It doesn't to me. I can't imagine "going after" or hitting on someone until I've already determined there is chemistry. I'm not going to randomly ask someone out that I haven't spoken to. That's pretty odd. What is the point.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Or because it doesn't happen in the same numbers as you'd like to think it does.

I refer you to my previous post.
It doesn't happen as often that some men on here seem to think it does. I was on a dating site where most of the men were seeking much younger to the point some were mean. Years later they are still on there complaining they can't find anyone. If it happens as often as many here think these guys wouldn't still be on the website. I was on the website three years ago and they are still on it.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
In my opinion, looks are not the main reason why men age 25+ will often go after women who are college-age. The number of attractive women who are 30 years old is equal, if not greater, than the number of attractive women who are 20 years. The differences are that
(1) The available 20-yr-old women are greater in number.
(2) Women who are not yet established in their careers are easier to impress.
Many women who are 25 aren't established in their careers, either.

So, what else ya got, theory-wise?

Old 02-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I guess. It doesn't to me. I can't imagine "going after" or hitting on someone until I've already determined there is chemistry. I'm not going to randomly ask someone out that I haven't spoken to. That's pretty odd. What is the point.
People are getting caught up in semantics. I wouldn't randomly ask someone out like that. But I WOULD randomly start talking to someone just because they're hot, and go from there.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You are, basically. You're arguing with people that are saying that it is true. Nobody has said it's always the case. Not once. And yet, you're continuing to argue it. You're trying to find absolutes where they don't exist, solely for the chance to argue something you don't like.
I am saying it's not an absolute as some here think.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's because you look at other things because you are mature. Apparently these guys only care about looks regardless of anything else.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
People are getting caught up in semantics. I wouldn't randomly ask someone out like that. But I WOULD randomly start talking to someone just because they're hot, and go from there.

Well, semantics are important. Incredibly important. They're the definitions of words. The things we use to communicate. If we don't get them right, communication is broken.

Quote:
That's because you look at other things because you are mature. Apparently these guys only care about looks regardless of anything else.
Eh, I think that is mostly online blowhard stuff. I've never met an adult dude that was willing to or wanted to date a woman that he didn't like as a person or connect with chemistry wise just because she had a nice face/body.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:02 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,929,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
In my opinion, looks are not the main reason why men age 25+ will often go after women who are college-age. The number of attractive women who are 30 years old is equal, if not greater, than the number of attractive women who are 20 years. The differences are that
(1) The available 20-yr-old women are greater in number.
(2) Women who are not yet established in their careers are easier to impress.
How about a 20-year old women is typically more mature than a 20-year old male.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
It doesn't happen as often that some men on here seem to think it does. I was on a dating site where most of the men were seeking much younger to the point some were mean. Years later they are still on there complaining they can't find anyone. If it happens as often as many here think these guys wouldn't still be on the website. I was on the website three years ago and they are still on it.
So what you do you care? You're going to get all butthurt because some guys want women younger than you?

Some things simply have to be dealt with. Not every woman wants bald guys, so I go after the ones who do (as I'm bald myself). I'm not gonna sit around and cry about how I'm not every woman's type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships