Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:14 AM

106 posts, read 150,445 times

Advertisements

i am someone who is selfish, lacks empathy at times and i can be narcissistic too, which i don't mind admitting. if I meet a girl and she has boyfriend i will still push for a date or for her to give me her number. do not get me wrong, i do not pressure any woman for her number but i can be a persuasive person when i want to be and sometimes i am able to get numbers from girls in relationships.

there are girls in relationships that are rocky and they maybe just need a viable reason (me) to end the relationship or cheat because they are genuinely not happy enough in that relationship. this is not my fault and i am not taking advantage in any way, it's just that these women aren't fulfilled any longer and want something different.

i sometimes think maybe i am immoral, but other times i think why should i feel bad if these women want to cheat or end a relationship they're not happy with? i just come along and find the girl attractive & interesting and want to get to know her and i tell her so. okay so people might think i shouldn't be doing this but the fault doesn't lie with me, does it?

is what i am doing wrong, in your opinions?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:16 AM

15,827 posts, read 21,334,678 times
In the off chance that you're not a troll and just a horrible person, if you have to ask, you know the answer.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:20 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,043,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadKing88 View Post
i am someone who is selfish, lacks empathy at times and i can be narcissistic too, which i don't mind admitting. if I meet a girl and she has boyfriend i will still push for a date or for her to give me her number. do not get me wrong, i do not pressure any woman for her number but i can be a persuasive person when i want to be and sometimes i am able to get numbers from girls in relationships.

there are girls in relationships that are rocky and they maybe just need a viable reason (me) to end the relationship or cheat because they are genuinely not happy enough in that relationship. this is not my fault and i am not taking advantage in any way, it's just that these women aren't fulfilled any longer and want something different.

i sometimes think maybe i am immoral, but other times i think why should i feel bad if these women want to cheat or end a relationship they're not happy with? i just come along and find the girl attractive & interesting and want to get to know her and i tell her so. okay so people might think i shouldn't be doing this but the fault doesn't lie with me, does it?

"Persuasive" is a prettied up word for "pressure" so call it what it is.

You choose to pressure women to give you their number or go on a date with you knowing they are in a relationship already and there is nothing "persuasive" about it.

One of these days one of those boyfriends/husbands is going to explain very clearly how bad it is to do that.

Also, it is your fault for preying on women who are vulnerable and yes the fault does lie with you simply because you ignore the fact that they are in a relationship.
It really is not your decision if their relationship is "rocky" or not, that is up to them to decide without your being the one to pressure them into something.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 AM

535 posts, read 513,533 times
Quote:
i am someone who is selfish, lacks empathy at times and i can be narcissistic too, which i don't mind admitting. if I meet a girl and she has boyfriend i will still push for a date or for her to give me her number. do not get me wrong, i do not pressure any woman for her number but i can be a persuasive person when i want to be and sometimes i am able to get numbers from girls in relationships...

Do you really care what we/other people think about this?

I used to think there wasn't really anything wrong with this. It's his job to keep her, if he can't, then that's on him. Now I'm not so sure because I had a bf who was pretty jealous and if guys did anything to show interest, I was blamed and it started a huge thing where I felt really bad about myself. I'm not sure if he was right about every situation or not, but I know it would make it a lot easier if others just respected relationships!

Are these girls who stray so easily (or at all, actually) the type of girls you want? Maybe they are, maybe you don't care, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

To answer your question as directly as I can.. No, I suppose it's not "immoral", that's a question for the girl in the situation, not so much for you. But I don't know of any awesome results for anyone involved that have come from this.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,671,004 times
Bullsh*t. ^^^

OP, Yes. And apparently you get off on it.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 AM

106 posts, read 150,445 times
i don't put pressure on anyone. i only tell them that i would like to get to know them better and suggest exchanging numbers just as a friendly meet up. i like to meet new people and this is why i say this. there is nothing pressurising about it. why can a guy not meet up with a woman in a friendly aspect? of course i like to find out a little more about their relationship status but if a woman gives me her number knowing consciously that she has a bf, then the fault doesn't lie with me. she has her own mind and she can tell me she can't whenever she wants.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,043,204 times
Quote:
i don't put pressure on anyone. i only tell them that i would like to get to know them better and suggest exchanging numbers just as a friendly meet up. i like to meet new people and this is why i say this. there is nothing pressurising about it. why can a guy not meet up with a woman in a friendly aspect? of course i like to find out a little more about their relationship status but if a woman gives me her number knowing consciously that she has a bf, then the fault doesn't lie with me. she has her own mind and she can tell me she can't whenever she wants.
Obviously you believe you are not at fault on any level so why bother to start a thread and ask?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:29 AM

535 posts, read 513,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
yes the fault does lie with you simply because you ignore the fact that they are in a relationship.
Wait, it's his fault if they give their number or go on a date with him?? Because they're just a little lady who doesn't know how to say "No." "Eff off!" or ignore him?? Come on. They're adults who can make their own choices. They are to blame for anything they do.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Obviously you believe you are not at fault on any level so why bother to start a thread and ask?

Because he gets off on posturing as a rebel.

Look out, world! Here comes a bad boy. LOL

Old 02-15-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
Wait, it's his fault if they give their number or go on a date with him?? Because they're just a little lady who doesn't know how to say "No." "Eff off!" or ignore him?? Come on. They're adults who can make their own choices. They are to blame for anything they do.
The minute he hears "boyfriend," he's at fault too.

Then it's premeditated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships