Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it better to date more or less people (for long or short term) before you find "the one&quot
More people in longer term relationships 2 11.76%
Less people in longer term relationships 9 52.94%
More people in shorter term relationships 3 17.65%
Less people in shorter term relationships 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:36 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,446 times

Advertisements

I haven't dated, especially in the long term, very many people. I've heard people/partners say that they thought we were dating, but clearly we've had differing opinions on the matter, and thus I haven't really had much dating experience. I've also heard that because I haven't done official dating often or with a crazy amount of people (more than 10), it's not the best for figuring out what I want in the future, and I may end up with someone completely incompatible in the end. Some people say shorter term dating sessions are better (date a few people and move on in 3 or so months), or that being in fewer, but quality long term relationships are better (date 1 person for 2 years, then move on). Unfortunately, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to the matter.

What're your opinions? I'd love to hear them!

Last edited by Jjury15; 02-17-2015 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 06:40 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Less men, but better matches is my pick. I rather date one man in a year and have him be a great match than to date 20 men and have them all be so-so. Then again, I know what I like in a man... so maybe when you are younger, more is better so you can start to learn your own taste.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Most guys won't have that option because it would become costly to date multiple women over a period of time. Now a woman on the otherhand can date lots of men because it would not cost her as much as a guy. I have talked to guys who admitted that it's costly to date one women so there is no way a guy can date 3 or 4 unless he is rich. lol

Old 02-17-2015, 06:57 PM

366 posts, read 411,003 times
I want to date one man forever. Isn't that the end goal?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post

There is no one end goal

Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
I would rather have a few dates that ended up with great men for relationships.

If it's just a string of dates and none of them ever get serious, then I think it was time wasted, and a let down. Though I suppose with more dates, you learn more about people and see things you like and don't like. So, not totally wasted. But ultimately, the number of dates and suitors matter not to me. The ultimate matches do.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:03 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I don't care about having numerous men under my belt.

I rather just have a few people I have dated and one real serious relationship with one person that I can truly connect with, and vice verse.

I would be more than satisfied with that.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:17 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
I feel like I would be dating a lot of guys since I want someone who is similar to me. But at the same time, my search for 'the one' would be narrowed and I will not enter into a relationship unless I've known the guy for at least six months. Can't I just skip the tedious task of dating around and just end up with my future husband?

Where's that fairy godmother?....

Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I'd rather deal with one woman. I don't have the energy to satisfy multiple women.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:30 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Most guys won't have that option because it would become costly to date multiple women over a period of time. Now a woman on the otherhand can date lots of men because it would not cost her as much as a guy. I have talked to guys who admitted that it's costly to date one women so there is no way a guy can date 3 or 4 unless he is rich. lol
No matter how true, get ready for some people to get upset about this post As a serial dater myself, it definitely gets pricey. But the truth is, I'd be doing most of those things anyway, it just ends up costing a little more because another person is coming...and I don't frequently bump into women with the salaries to keep up. And of the ones who DO...they're much smarter with their money than I am and wouldn't go spending it on frivolous dates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships