Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:06 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think we'll be fine over my life time, and elimination of all debt isn't a good thing, especially for governments. And no, the money is not "fake". It is still legal tender and does its job. Nothing fake about it (its amazing in this day and age there are dopes that have clearly never taken macro economics that think we should tie our currency to things like precious metals: that's a great way to scr*w and economy long term).

And your brand might have skyrocketed, but I can still purchase a vehicle (and sadly I had to recently for work, having a car is a waste of money generally) for little more than I would have paid 7-8 years ago. Sounds like those with brand allegiance might be getting taken, if they're into your brand.

But this is off topic.
I took it, and its all about scratching ones back if you have their back.

Imports and exports.

And finding dates is the same, gotta give inorder to get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
He is correct, and I'm not real sure how anyone can argue otherwise. As ohio_peasant pointed out, look at where all the heavy duty growth and investment is going on, it ain't the west.

Take the US, the cornerstone of the Western world, our debt gets larger and larger each year, and our central bank just prints more and more money, so the cost of things goes up and up.

We have a $1 trillion student loan debt bubble that is about to burst.

How long do you think this is sustainable???

The US is going to collapse Soviet-style. It has to.

And that's why the OP can't get a date? LOL Maybe your tin foil hat is in the way.

Go back to the P&OC forum.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:28 AM

376 posts, read 317,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

And that's why the OP can't get a date? LOL Maybe your tin foil hat is in the way.

Go back to the P&OC forum.
No? ohio_peasant said something about the West sort of being "old news" and past it's prime and in decline, and you said "you wish," which is a strange comment, but whatever. And also wrong.

So, I agreed with him. Have you ever been on a forum before. People tend to answer your posts usually with advice, agreement or disagreement.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
No? ohio_peasant said something about the West sort of being "old news" and past it's prime and in decline, and you said "you wish," which is a strange comment, but whatever. And also wrong.

So, I agreed with him. Have you ever been on a forum before. People tend to answer your posts usually with advice, agreement or disagreement.
Have I been on a forum before?

Yeah, unfortunately I've made 15,000+ posts to this forum that have been read more than 12 million times. I am aware of how it works. I'm also aware of ohio_peasant's shtick.

You're new here. We aren't debating the decline of western civilization. It's a relationships forum.

BTW, in case you couldn't tell, I disagreed with you.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Have I been on a forum before?

Yeah, unfortunately I've made 15,000+ posts to this forum that have been read more than 12 million times. I am aware of how it works. I'm also aware of ohio_peasant's shtick.

You're new here. We aren't debating the decline of western civilization. It's a relationships forum.

BTW, in case you couldn't tell, I disagreed with you.
Wow, am I supposed to be impressed at how much time you waste? Or is that to tell me that your drive-by, totally unsupported "you wish" is to be taken at face value and not questioned?

Serious inquiry.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 AM

13,653 posts, read 9,711,429 times
One-line sardonic dismissals have become standard practice on this forum. One learns to take them in stride.

Elaborating on what I wrote in post #58 above, incipient collapse of American society is extremely unlikely, for cultural (as well as economic) reasons. The Soviet Union, just like its predecessor and successor regimes, was essentially a feudal nation without a vibrant culture of private property or natural rights. It never really internalized the Western Enlightenment. It collapsed because of latent instabilities. No Western society, other than possibly a few on the so-called periphery of Europe, suffer from such internal rifts.

So I don't envision a Western collapse, let alone an American collapse. I do however think that the remarkable 300-year ascendency of the West has plateaued. Other nations and cultures will eclectically absorb Western ideas. Can they interlace Western pluralism and intellectual curiosity with a traditional work-ethic? Can they combine property-rights and drive for personal advancement with communitarian ethos and a strong inter-generational compact? Interesting questions….

The Third World, or even the so-called Emerging Markets, is not monolithic. Some are hopeless cesspools. Others, like the "tiger" nations of the Orient, have managed to embrace Western capitalism without entirely disavowing the traditionalist Eastern social ethos. It is principally those countries that I had in mind in my post #58.

Returning to our topic, from the male viewpoint, the route to initiating a successful relationship is very different between that of modern Western world-view, and others. In the latter, a young man has to be successful in his life; good education, good job, good finances. Stay healthy and rise in his career. Relationship-success will follow, with almost no additional striving. In the former, no such thing is operative. This is my "shtick"

p.s. It's ironic to be using Yiddish terminology. Dating would have been very different, to say the least, in a community where Yiddish is the principal language.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
One-line sardonic dismissals have become standard practice on this forum. One learns to take them in stride.

Elaborating on what I wrote in post #58 above, incipient collapse of American society is extremely unlikely, for cultural (as well as economic) reasons. The Soviet Union, just like its predecessor and successor regimes, was essentially a feudal nation without a vibrant culture of private property or natural rights. It never really internalized the Western Enlightenment. It collapsed because of latent instabilities. No Western society, other than possibly a few on the so-called periphery of Europe, suffer from such internal rifts.

So I don't envision a Western collapse, let alone an American collapse. I do however think that the remarkable 300-year ascendency of the West has plateaued. Other nations and cultures will eclectically absorb Western ideas. Can they interlace Western pluralism and intellectual curiosity with a traditional work-ethic? Can they combine property-rights and drive for personal advancement with communitarian ethos and a strong inter-generational compact? Interesting questions….

The Third World, or even the so-called Emerging Markets, is not monolithic. Some are hopeless cesspools. Others, like the "tiger" nations of the Orient, have managed to embrace Western capitalism without entirely disavowing the traditionalist Eastern social ethos. It is principally those countries that I had in mind in my post #58.

Returning to our topic, from the male viewpoint, the route to initiating a successful relationship is very different between that of modern Western world-view, and others. In the latter, a young man has to be successful in his life; good education, good job, good finances. Stay healthy and rise in his career. Relationship-success will follow, with almost no additional striving. In the former, no such thing is operative. This is my "shtick"

p.s. It's ironic to be using Yiddish terminology. Dating would have been very different, to say the least, in a community where Yiddish is the principal language.
If that's your shtick, I 100% agree with it. And quite frankly, she didn't do a very good job of refuting it, as you mentioned, it was sort of a drive-by.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I'm trying Tinder and so far nothing.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:32 PM

535 posts, read 515,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Essentially, you're looking for a free prostitute.
and so are the women he meets..
what's the problem?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm trying Tinder and so far nothing.
It takes some time. How long have you been on it? I didn't have a good # of matches until I had been using it for at least 2-3 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships