Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 PM

19 posts, read 23,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
May I ask how old you are, acuriousman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
My point about experience was that it's not something you can study, it's not something that you can learn from 'reference materials'. You have to bite the bullet and get out there and make it happen.
But experience has to come from a basis in knowledge. You wouldn't just go out and get a high paying job at Google if you never got a degree in marketing/programming.

That's what's I'm looking for. The perfect degree that can lead to the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ask someone out.
LOL. We are a VERY long way away from that my friend.

I've only read a handful of papers about approaching the proper way to propose a dating invitation. It's going to take a few more months of reading and research before we even come CLOSE to that bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 07:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
You won't succeed at this by reading research papers about dating.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,175,962 times
OP, you're a weird dude. That will make it difficult to get a date if you don't reign it in. Relationships are always different because people are always different and people are always different in each relationship they enter.
Am I wrong in assuming you're on the autism spectrum? Maybe try to meet a woman with the same or similar autism disorder? That way you might have an easier time relating to her.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You won't succeed at this by reading research papers about dating.
I don't understand. How else will I find out the basis and groundwork of the interaction? I have to have a solid plan before even thinking about talking to her. If he leads to an area I haven't prepared for, I'm done for.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:22 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuriousman View Post
I don't understand. How else will I find out the basis and groundwork of the interaction? I have to have a solid plan before even thinking about talking to her. If he leads to an area I haven't prepared for, I'm done for.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
You're already done for because somehow you've managed to remove the human element from relationships.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:

But experience has to come from a basis in knowledge. You wouldn't just go out and get a high paying job at Google if you never got a degree in marketing/programming.

That's what's I'm looking for. The perfect degree that can lead to the right path.

LOL. We are a VERY long way away from that my friend.

I've only read a handful of papers about approaching the proper way to propose a dating invitation. It's going to take a few more months of reading and research before we even come CLOSE to that bridge.
You have to research how to ask a woman out?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You have to research how to ask a woman out?
I have to research the proper way of doing so, yes. There's many guides and books I've been reading about it and it's a lot of stuff to sift through.

I have to factor in what the best phrase to use is, how to properly gauge her interest level, my social standing, her social standing, the location we're in, the length of time we've known each other, where I want the relationship to go, who she associates with/I want to associate her with/, etc. And that's just scratching the surface.

But like I said, that's irrelevant. Before I get to that point, I have to master the concept of a relationship itself and soak up as much information as I can before it's too late.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
I have to research the proper way of doing so, yes. There's many guides and books I've been reading about it and it's a lot of stuff to sift through.

I have to factor in what the best phrase to use is, how to properly gauge her interest level, my social standing, her social standing, the location we're in, the length of time we've known each other, where I want the relationship to go, who she associates with/I want to associate her with/, etc. And that's just scratching the surface.

But like I said, that's irrelevant. Before I get to that point, I have to master the concept of a relationship itself and soak up as much information as I can before it's too late.
Do you already know a woman? That you want to ask out?

I do agree you should get to know a person.Make sure they are single, know your likes and dislikes so you search for someone similar.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:53 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
Every woman is ultimately different. Don't be going in with some kind of game-plan.

This is also why I believe most PUA stuff is BS because every person is different, and the human element gets taken into account, which PUA doesn't really consider important.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:08 AM

366 posts, read 409,798 times
Mod cut.

I suggest that you be upfront when dating. Don't try to be normal or anything, just be your own weird self and you'll attract someone. If you need to read your papers, do it, but keep in mind you're dealing with individual humans, not one female entity. You'll learn more by trial and error.

You can't learn human interaction. I'm a bit of a weirdo myself but I've found that owning my weirdness goes a long way toward other people accepting me. They just don't like it when we try to trick them into thinking we're one of them

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2015 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships