Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:30 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Instead of touching every day, these couples are building a strong non-physical foundation that makes these relationships, when they are successful, just as if not more meaningful as others where a physical presence is immediate.
This
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 AM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
They are in love or maybe the distance is temporary and they see a future with that person.Long distance relationship sucks though.I would rather be the single than being in one unless the distance was temporary issue.6 months max.Other than that forget it

Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
When two people are right for each other, distance is something you both can work to overcome. There are people who found love across the world, while others never cross paths even if they live on the same street. This is when fate happens

Old 02-23-2015, 09:13 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There are a few people here who connected online, two of them on this board! It's a difficult thing to do but it can happen.

Lol that's a rarity I'm sure.....

Idk if I'd even consider someone from here for a LDR.....
Too many variables, lol
I don't think it's worth it, personally.
Especially if the guy has hooked up w/ other posters from here.
Not my thing.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
There are a few people here who connected online, two of them on this board! It's a difficult thing to do but it can happen.
Yes they have, one is my local neighbor.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Worked for me. 7000 miles distant for awhile, but it only took a day to get there. She was only a phone call away so it wasn't so bad.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
I would think something was wrong with the person if he couldn't find anyone to be in a relationship with close to where he lived.

It would be a "red flag" alert for me.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I would think something was wrong with the person if he couldn't find anyone to be in a relationship with close to where he lived.

It would be a "red flag" alert for me.
Lots of people can find people to have relationships with close to where they are. They just can't find someone they like near as much as the person that happens to be a distance away.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:54 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol that's a rarity I'm sure.....
Perhaps. I also met my fiancƩ on a forum, a different one than this. We talked online for about three months before meeting (would have met sooner if it weren't for his work). We wouldn't have progressed to a relationship status before meeting though b/c we both knew that the chemistry online may not translate in a physical way; so people who haven't actually met each other and saying they're in a relationship does seem a bit of fantasy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I have nothing against LDRs, once the relationship is well-established and there is some reason to want to stay in it, despite distance. You can't GROW a relationship long-distance, but sometimes you can preserve it.
I was worried about this and brought it up to him about how you can't get to know someone by seeing them once every few months or so. Yet it worked out so that, because of the kind of work he is involved in, we got to see each other a lot over the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Instead of touching every day, these couples are building a strong non-physical foundation that makes these relationships, when they are successful, just as if not more meaningful as others where a physical presence is immediate.
That's what we had right before we first actually met. I was actually worried I might not really like him in person and that we'd go back to just talking online (we don't do that at all anymore; we talk on the phone, which is unusual because I hate talking on the phone and he doesn't like it too much either). We both didn't expect to like the other person that much when we met, that we'd be polite for a few days and then go our separate ways after. It was quite a shock to us that the chemistry fell over into "real life" too.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Lots of people can find people to have relationships with close to where they are. They just can't find someone they like near as much as the person that happens to be a distance away.
I TOLD you to move to Philly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships