Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 12:27 PM

914 posts, read 765,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECON5 View Post
I've probably been using OKC on and off since 2011. It's always the same case. once in a blue moon's turn a girl will like me back, and the conversation ensues and after like 3 responses the conversation ends abruptly and the mystery dies. When speaking to a girl one mistake or one thing that's not flawless, they will treat you lower than dirt. I suppose it's my fault for relying on dating sites. It's also my fault that I'm 23 and still in college, meaning I'm living with parents, and am not really a man just yet. It's all one big joke. I begin to wonder if castration will heal me of this illness. I only have one year left of school and with the mercy of God I will begin a career and finally move out. Then with my new found confidence will things begin to change. I don't hate women, nor do I blame them for my troubles. I've been trying to improve my well being for a long time now through books. I've read books on philosophy, autobiographies, social development,the final meditations of ancient emperors for the purpose of obtaining wisdom.

One thing that gives me hope is the fact that there have been ugly Casanovas in history. Their skills in seduction coupled with their confidence is what made them successful. I've yet to reach this level obviously but I hope to get there, and it won't be through online since a lot of things in communication are lost.

If you read all this then I will impart on you life's true purpose: Is self development. We are not going to be on this Earth forever, and we don't have that much time from the time we are born. That is why you must do all you can to develop one's inner capacities to the best that they can be. That is life's true purpose.

/diary
Only focus on the things that you have going for yourself; 1) You're only 23, still a pup and there's plenty of time for you to find that special someone. 2) You're in college, trying to better yourself and getting a degree will help a lot! You will have a better chance of landing a good job with a decent salary in the future. 3) You are well read, so you should have a lot to bring to a conversation while on a date with a young lady. So there you go! Stay focused on your attributes, if OLD doesn't work for you, try more IRL interaction. From your post, you also sound religious so find yourself a church with a good sized singles ministry. good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 PM

434 posts, read 1,041,023 times
The OP needs to just keep trying. I was like the OP, I was on OLD for a very long time before I made any real progress. Once I got the hang of it though, I can say OLD isn't that bad at all.Once you find someone, keep it light n casual, you know just have a regular conversation. Be your genuine self but don't tell too much about yourself otherwise you could freak her out. Once you make a connection it should grow. But sometimes the connection won't grow and will be a complete waste of time. She's talking to several other guys and she is going to choose the one she feels the strongest connection with….the one she thinks isn't a player, not a weirdo, etc. ANd lastly in my experience, your first date should occur in 1-4wks from your first message. It doesn't have to be that exact time frame but she isn't going to wait on you all day. Good luck out there!

Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECON5 View Post
I've probably been using OKC on and off since 2011. It's always the same case. once in a blue moon's turn a girl will like me back, and the conversation ensues and after like 3 responses the conversation ends abruptly and the mystery dies. When speaking to a girl one mistake or one thing that's not flawless, they will treat you lower than dirt. I suppose it's my fault for relying on dating sites. It's also my fault that I'm 23 and still in college, meaning I'm living with parents, and am not really a man just yet. It's all one big joke. I begin to wonder if castration will heal me of this illness. I only have one year left of school and with the mercy of God I will begin a career and finally move out. Then with my new found confidence will things begin to change. I don't hate women, nor do I blame them for my troubles. I've been trying to improve my well being for a long time now through books. I've read books on philosophy, autobiographies, social development,the final meditations of ancient emperors for the purpose of obtaining wisdom.

One thing that gives me hope is the fact that there have been ugly Casanovas in history. Their skills in seduction coupled with their confidence is what made them successful. I've yet to reach this level obviously but I hope to get there, and it won't be through online since a lot of things in communication are lost.

If you read all this then I will impart on you life's true purpose: Is self development. We are not going to be on this Earth forever, and we don't have that much time from the time we are born. That is why you must do all you can to develop one's inner capacities to the best that they can be. That is life's true purpose.

/diary
Your right you are pathetic.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:44 PM

513 posts, read 429,218 times
You're perfectly fine Focus on your graduation and career path. If you have time, learn to mingle a little on outings with friends to get more comfortable with flirting and dating and what not.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:12 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,639 times
The pretty girls are not going to like you, bud. Find someone that you have common interests with and proceed from there. Square peg and the round hole and such...

Old 02-24-2015, 11:30 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Go watch the movie "Better Off Dead." It will teach you exactly where you are going wrong, and what you need to do to fix it.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:26 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Too many males, particuarly young males base pretty much their entire feeling of self worth on whether women respond to them romantically or not

Old 02-25-2015, 03:45 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
My son is about your age and he's not had luck on OKC either. He's a tall good looking intelligent hunk and I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom, everyone thinks so. He's picky and he's looking for some intellect and not just a pretty face. It's also the age, people are not looking for a life mate and nobody is serious. I'm also pretty sure he's be doing better in that department if he had gone away to school instead of living at home and attending a commuter college, but reality and $$ dictated that.

My daughter is older and has also used OKC for about a year. She's never not been in a relationship before now and never has trouble meeting guys, but she hasn't been so lucky with the online dating. I think it's harder to form a relationship from scratch with a person who has no connection to your life than it is with someone you've seen around work or school or in social situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships