Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If you wanted to play that with me, I'll play back, if you ain't moving towards the car in 90 seconds, I'm driving off. I will not play the fool in this scenario.
Yeah, playing the fool I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 01:51 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most people I know just say "text me when you're here" nowadays. Still, getting out of the car and ringing a bell is nothing.
Texting is how it's usually done, for me as well. The only time I have to go to her front door is because she's not finish getting ready, and I have to wait inside. Still, no big deal. I'm just anxious to get the date started, and let the fun begin.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,021,234 times
I did the majority of my dating in cities where driving on dates was far less common than just taking the subway/a cab and meeting at the planned upon place.

The only times I ever wanted someone to pick me up at my apartment was if it was really close to where we were going, like around the corner, or if I wanted my roommates at the time to get a look at the guy.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:06 PM

284 posts, read 340,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I have no problem making a woman feel special.......within logic and reason. Going to a door just screams desperate to me.
I find it difficult to believe that someone with your degree of self-loathing actually has the tools to make a woman feel special.

I am also perplexed by why any kind of effort has to "scream desperate." It should be noted that I don't actually expect or require men to come to my door to pick me up, open the car door to let me out, etc. Sometimes, it just feels nice when men do that but I realize that it can be impractical.

Quote:
First I'm in my MID 20s.
Semantics. You are more "late" than "mid."

Quote:
Second, I don't wonder a g$&damn thing. I know damn well I'm single because I'm an ahole and really big.
At least you are self-aware enough to note this. Can't fault you for that

Quote:
I know that turns a lot of women off but I'm still able to get dates when I extend effort to do so.[/b]
Debatable. Still, even if you were able to get dates how many are progressing beyond the second date?

Quote:
May I suggest you quit following me around to talk trash?
To be honest, I'm simply amused by just how negative you are. Initially, I was wondering why no one called you out on it. Then I realized at some point that your level of hostility and antagonism seemed so exaggerated, misplaced and unwarranted it could only be amusing.

More than anything else, though, I actually feel sorry for you and wish you well.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:11 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
1. Get your drivers license and a car and meet your first dates at the date location

2. I've NEVER had a guy text me he is outside and to come out. That is super rude.

There are exceptions... in the city when there is no parking or highrises where it is hard to get in and park.

There is the fact that you live with your parents.... most first date guys are going to stay away from the chance of having to meet your parents.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-25-2015, 06:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
I have a feeling a lot of this is dependent on age, location, first date vs. relationship, etc. For instance, back in high school, I don't think anyone I dated would have ever thought of just pulling up and waiting for me to come outside. They definitely all came and knocked on the door. Especially if it was a first date - because they had to meet my parents. And my high school boyfriend was really considerate and would never have just honked unless we were in a major hurry. We also lived in the suburbs. I had a driveway that was very close to my front door. Pulling into the driveway and walking to the door wasn't a big deal. In college, I rarely got picked up for a date - maybe never. We usually met up somewhere. Or maybe we walked somewhere together. In NYC, well, I can't imagine anyone getting out of a car to ring the doorbell. I would assume most people meet up somewhere - and if you have a car and are picking someone up - chances are you aren't going to magically find a space right in front of their building.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 PM

535 posts, read 514,193 times
I think this does sound kind of sh***y but I can't really put my finger on why...

Old 02-25-2015, 07:38 PM

5,128 posts, read 4,465,675 times
I've usually been picked up and dropped off at my door, unless our plan was to meet somewhere.

I would ignore someone who arrived at my house and honked the horn for me to come out. Totally rude.

If he called me from his car, I would say that I'd prefer that he meet me at my door. If he can't do that, then he's not someone I'd want to date anyway.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
i did these things on dates sometimes. Usually after a few dates and some trust was built up, she'd let me know where she lived and I'd go and pick her up. I'd tell her about how long it would take me to be there and then I'd either walk to the door of her apartment complex and ring her number or I'd knock on her door. When the date was finished I'd walk her to the door and see her in.

If she drove herself, I'd ask that she send me a text or call to let me know she made it home safe. I never thought this was true for every person, but it's how I am/was.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 4,465,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i did these things on dates sometimes. Usually after a few dates and some trust was built up, she'd let me know where she lived and I'd go and pick her up. I'd tell her about how long it would take me to be there and then I'd either walk to the door of her apartment complex and ring her number or I'd knock on her door. When the date was finished I'd walk her to the door and see her in.

If she drove herself, I'd ask that she send me a text or call to let me know she made it home safe. I never thought this was true for every person, but it's how I am/was.
Perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships