Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:20 AM

3 posts, read 3,035 times

Advertisements

I'm dating a guy who is 29 years old and I'm 25. I honestly do not have that much experience with dating guys. We have been together for 5 months, going into our 6th month soon. We haven't said we love each other yet, and I think the feelings I have for him are love. Although he hasn't said those words to me yet, do you think he does by these actions?

He tags me in facebook or instagram at times with clips of things that I like such as cute dogs or sport teams I like. I have a bad case of flat feet where it hurts my feet and we were talking a few days ago about me finding some stores that sell good sneakers. The next day he emails me with these sites of sneakers that are good for flat feet. He texts me in the morning when he wakes up and we always either text or talk to each other on the phone before we sleep. Throughout the day when we are working, he sends me photos of the foods he's eating for the day or when he goes out with his friends, the drinks they are drinking. He tells me sweet things like how he was so emotionless and like a tinman but I bring out so much emotion out of him, how I'm the first girl to make him smile soo much. The other day when we got into a little fight, he nonchalantly said in an angry voice how he's been in love with me since October. But that moment, I didn't think much of it since we were fighting and he never said the love word again after. He also told me how with me he sees a future, long term. and much more.

you think he loves me, but just hasn't said it yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 05:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Ask him, he is the only one who knows the true answer to your question.
No one on this or any other forum could even venture a decent guess since no one knows either of you.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
It sounds like he likes you a lot. Just continue to be yourself and don't pull any paranoid stunts. This kind of thing should evolve naturally.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It sounds like he likes you a lot. Just continue to be yourself and don't pull any paranoid stunts. This kind of thing should evolve naturally.
I agree. Too soon to tell. Besides, I've sent helpful links and pix of my dinner to my neighbors, who are friends but not my true love. At the least, it shows that he is a thoughtful person. It's not "love" for sure, though.

Don't worry about it. Just treat him the way you would want him to that you.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:39 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
5months? That is still the warming up or sex or honeymoon phase. If you have solid deep conversations and coupled actitivites as often as you have sex and it lasts for a year or more without both of you have intense fights(unless your relationship is one of those where fighting is part of the passion) or discovering aspects about each other which irretrievably clash then it might develop into love.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-27-2015 at 06:52 AM..

Old 02-27-2015, 06:51 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita85 View Post
I'm dating a guy who is 29 years old and I'm 25. I honestly do not have that much experience with dating guys. We have been together for 5 months, going into our 6th month soon. We haven't said we love each other yet, and I think the feelings I have for him are love. Although he hasn't said those words to me yet, do you think he does by these actions?

He tags me in facebook or instagram at times with clips of things that I like such as cute dogs or sport teams I like. I have a bad case of flat feet where it hurts my feet and we were talking a few days ago about me finding some stores that sell good sneakers. The next day he emails me with these sites of sneakers that are good for flat feet. He texts me in the morning when he wakes up and we always either text or talk to each other on the phone before we sleep. Throughout the day when we are working, he sends me photos of the foods he's eating for the day or when he goes out with his friends, the drinks they are drinking. He tells me sweet things like how he was so emotionless and like a tinman but I bring out so much emotion out of him, how I'm the first girl to make him smile soo much. The other day when we got into a little fight, he nonchalantly said in an angry voice how he's been in love with me since October. But that moment, I didn't think much of it since we were fighting and he never said the love word again after. He also told me how with me he sees a future, long term. and much more.

I would say he really really likes you and you seem to have a good thing so far. My opinion is that if you love somebody then you don't mind telling them. It just happens naturally.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
He likes you well enough. Go with it.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:33 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
If he loves you but doesn't say it or at least admit to it when asked, does he REALLY love you? Because you act as though if you could only read his mind you would be satisfied...I'm not so sure you would be. Maybe it's too soon for him to know he's in love but it may or may not happen in the future. You can only know for sure if he says so...and it's a little sad if you have to ask to find out (or it's just to soon and you're pushing things).

Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:

He's gunna send you a break up text soon.

You're gunna text back saying its ok but then you will go crazy on him.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:

The things you mention here, are what good friends do for each other....I'd say this....
continue without any expectations or expressions that I love you....you said yourself, your not sure if you love him or not....so continue enjoying each other's company and let the chips fall where they may....

you don't have to say the love word, you don't have to play house, what you have to learn together is that friendships can turn into love, or....they can be friendships for the rest of your life....which is sometimes even more special and rewarding then committing love to each other...why, because you love each other but not like husband and wife....but best friends forever....even if you both marry others....

Enjoy each other with out any demands, commitments or expectations....and remember....your idea of what a love may be, and his idea of what a love may be, are probably two completely different scenerios, so you want to make certain, you are both compatible mentally....FIRST....

Meaning, do you share the same religions, do you share the same political affiliations, and views....do you both morally share the same views....in other words, you both grew up with different parents, and we learn everything from our parents....so, if you choose a person whose parents maybe ran around on each other, maybe he will run around on you and not be morally in tune to fidelity like you are....and fidelity to each other is so much more important...
will he pick up after himself...will he close the tooth paste...will he help you with the dishes, the housework and the cleaning...and realize that while you both work full times jobs, taking care of the house and chores are both of your jobs.

Love is so much more then the small things that he has been doing for you now....wait and see if it lasts...and observe him....how does he talk about his friends, if at all, is he confident with himself...can he do things alone or does he need someone to be with him to do things....

Tons of important stuff to learn about each other....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships