Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:53 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Your ex is still in love with you. Then of course it would be awkward if you introduced him to your current boyfriend. But is that the case with the OP? Doesn't sound like it. That's why I disagree that she's keeping him around for the ego boost.
My comment about my ex has nothing to do with why she is keeping him around. Those were two separate points.

I agree with you that he has no right to be offended that she was dating more than one person at a time if they were not exclusive. I do, however, think she wants to keep him around for an ego boost. Usually there is a slight break between dating and friendship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
My comment about my ex has nothing to do with why she is keeping him around. Those were two separate points.

I agree with you that he has no right to be offended that she was dating more than one person at a time if they were not exclusive. I do, however, think she wants to keep him around for an ego boost. Usually there is a slight break between dating and friendship.
Hmmmmm wonder if M3guy wants Panera Bread?

Old 02-26-2015, 08:58 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times
BTW people, in my OP, I did clarify that her going out with different people was NOT a problem for me. Reread it. I said "whatever, cool".

Old 02-26-2015, 08:59 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Let's agree to disagree. No insecurity here, just confusion. You're right, we weren't in a serious relationship. But how would you feel if your GF brought a friend to your house that she used to get in bed with? Would you just hand him a beer and not have any feeling about it in the back of your mind? This didn't happen to me, just a scenario. IMO it would be awkward. That's just me though. If you're comfy in those situations, more power to you.
You're describing a scenario which is different than the situation you're in. If anything, it's the guy she's dating who might feel awkward. Look, I get it. It can feel a bit weird to be in a room with someone you dated and her current boyfriend. But unless I were in love with that person and it hurt to see them with someone else, I would get over it pretty quickly. All I'd have to do is remind myself of why she and I weren't right for one another.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:

My point is that there's nothing to suggest that that's the reason she's keeping him around. How do you know she's trying to boost her ego? I saw nothing in his post that would make me think that.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
BTW people, in my OP, I did clarify that her going out with different people was NOT a problem for me. Reread it. I said "whatever, cool".
Lots of times when people say "whatever. Cool." it isn't. Was it really cool? Because you seem a little accusatory with phrases like "side piece."

Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
You are cool with it until the boyfriend comes over and makes out with her.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, but you also said she had "side pieces". Side pieces? Really? So if you start dating someone and she's gone on dates with other guys too, are they "side pieces"? I'm dating someone now. I have no idea if she's dating other men. We're not exclusive yet. But I would never describe those other men as "side pieces". I would simply say "OK, she might be dating other people besides me". Just like I could be dating other women besides her.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
My point is that there's nothing to suggest that that's the reason she's keeping him around. How do you know she's trying to boost her ego? I saw nothing in his post that would make me think that.
I don't know dude. It's just my opinion. I really am not that invested in it.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I don't know dude. It's just my opinion. I really am not that invested in it.
I see. An opinion, but nothing on which to base it. Hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships