Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:53 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonp219 View Post
I understand that, and I apologize for writing it that way. I just wish I had some sort of idea of what was going on, if you were reacting in this manner what options are you weighing in your head?
"I wish this a-hole would stop messing with my emotions and just leave me for good!!"

That's what she's thinking.

Now do what she wants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:10 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
I cry at toilet paper commercials.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:12 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
It says that you should leave her alone.
Unless she was cryin while whisking you back in to her arms it's not a favorable reaction.

Stop using people for your own perosnal therapy sessions.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:23 PM

38 posts, read 35,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It says that you should leave her alone.
Unless she was cryin while whisking you back in to her arms it's not a favorable reaction.

Stop using people for your own perosnal therapy sessions.
You missed the part where I said im not contacting her anymore. I still care though, this is 4 years down the tube.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:13 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
You missed the part where I said im not contacting her anymore. I still care though, this is 4 years down the tube.
It's not 4 years down the tubes if this has finally caused you to face your issues and seek therapy. You need to see how your verbal abuse affects you and your relationships. And please don't go into therapy thinking that you can do the bare minimum and make some superficial changes, thinking that this will win back your ex girl friend. Chances are that relationship is over. The therapy is for you to understand why you resort to verbal abuse and/or other abusive behaviors and how you can change.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:23 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
OP why cry over what has already happened? You are complete human without her or anyone else.

You remain calm and you will find love you are looking for. Don't waste time on analyzing her now.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
OP why cry over what has already happened? You are complete human without her or anyone else.

You remain calm and you will find love you are looking for. Don't waste time on analyzing her now.
It isn't natural for humans to be alone. My day is going well until I have to go home and face myself.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
It's not 4 years down the tubes if this has finally caused you to face your issues and seek therapy. You need to see how your verbal abuse affects you and your relationships. And please don't go into therapy thinking that you can do the bare minimum and make some superficial changes, thinking that this will win back your ex girl friend. Chances are that relationship is over. The therapy is for you to understand why you resort to verbal abuse and/or other abusive behaviors and how you can change.
Ofcourse that relationship is over, because even if we do get back together it's going to be a new one, and it isn't going to be now. I'm still in denial and in shock over all that has happened, but even I know getting back together right now is a bad idea. I can't just take this and move on right away, it's really hard at the moment. One moment I could be studying or doing homework, next thing I know, I see an image of her in my mind and I just completely lose track of what I was doing. It's been almost a month, but the wound is still fresh. I haven't slept more than 4 hours in the last 3 weeks, and I've lost 14 lbs. in that time span.

Last edited by Jonp219; 02-27-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 04:39 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
I know it was wrong to try and win her back, but I was just trying to swallow my pride.
It's just so hard not to get attached to people who make you feel whole, you know?

No I dont know. I think you need to listen to your uncle - grow, evolve and become a better person. If you love her, let her go. If the two of you were meant to be, you will find yourselves thrown together again down the road by happenstance, and not through manipulation from either one of you.

Did she break up with you? If she did, then I would understand the swallowing pride part. Like you want to get back together just so that in a few days you can be the one that broke it off. Its easier to deal with if you can think that. If people ask what happened - you can blame her.

Funny thing about pride - you would actually look better if you accept full responsibility. You would look like a man, rather than a selfish child. No biggie here. You have until 35 to 45 years of age to figure it out.

I remember reading somewhere that pride is a vine with two roots - one good, and one evil.

She couldnt have made you feel whole. If she did, you probably wouldnt have treated her badly.

Listen to your uncle...give yourself time to become a good man first, before entering into long term relationships.

Good luck!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
No I dont know. I think you need to listen to your uncle - grow, evolve and become a better person. If you love her, let her go. If the two of you were meant to be, you will find yourselves thrown together again down the road by happenstance, and not through manipulation from either one of you.

Did she break up with you? If she did, then I would understand the swallowing pride part. Like you want to get back together just so that in a few days you can be the one that broke it off. Its easier to deal with if you can think that. If people ask what happened - you can blame her.

Funny thing about pride - you would actually look better if you accept full responsibility. You would look like a man, rather than a selfish child. No biggie here. You have until 35 to 45 years of age to figure it out.

I remember reading somewhere that pride is a vine with two roots - one good, and one evil.

She couldnt have made you feel whole. If she did, you probably wouldnt have treated her badly.

Listen to your uncle...give yourself time to become a good man first, before entering into long term relationships.

Good luck!
Yea, I think it's instinctual for humans to panic in a moment of crisis, which in my case is rejection.
After the break up, I reached out to everyone (my family and friends) and I told them all what happened. I told them the truth, and why she left me. They showed me support for deciding to go back to therapy, but they understood her reason for leaving, I didn't want to blame her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships