Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:32 PM

743 posts, read 832,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Chasing won't do you any good. Learn from it and grow. You are best off moving on.
This. It is over man. Now you are only degrading yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
A woman will love a man through everything and anything until she decides she does not love him then nothing can change her mind.

Let it go. If she wants to be with you then you will know.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:28 PM

38 posts, read 35,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
A woman will love a man through everything and anything until she decides she does not love him then nothing can change her mind.

Let it go. If she wants to be with you then you will know.
I agree. It's time for me to repackage myself.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:49 PM

But you did the right thing in telling her you love her. So later on if you meet again she cannot say you let her go without trying.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
But you did the right thing in telling her you love her. So later on if you meet again she cannot say you let her go without trying.
I told my friends they all said, "Damn, you just put the nail in your own coffin". lol
I gave her too much power with that one, I regret saying it.
I'm walking away knowing i'm still standing on my own two feet.
I've seen some of the craziness people do after break ups, nothing I did was to that extreme. She made me realize my weaknesses, so now i'm going to work on myself.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 PM

Yeah, depends on how you look at it, your life experiences, age and maturity etc. I do not know why they said nail in the coffin but that is ok. Humans do not fit a cookie cutter especially when it comes to relationships. Giving away power can also be seen as a magnanimous gesture. You always will have the power you are the man. Women are always the weaker no matter how they act or talk they just cannot be like men.

Besides it is what you think not your friends or me in this. You were there and you know what happened day in, day out.

You never know if the decision you make is a good one until some time has passed and you assess the outcomes of that decision.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-27-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonp219 View Post
I unfollowed her in everything yesterday, no contact started today. Yesterday I sent her a quick message acknowledging the break up and that was it. No more contact.

I was speaking to my uncle today and he gave me some advice.

He said, "Hey, let her be, and give her her space. Go do what you have to do, get your issues resolved, and make a commitment to yourself to change into a better man. Whether you do it for for her or not, it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day you have to make those changes anyway. Go do things you love to do, go to the gym, hang out with friends, go on some dates, learn to be on your own. Once you feel like you've made significant improvements and feel better about yourself, start contacting her and see how it goes".

What do you think?
I totally agree with your uncle. Is this your 1st real breakup? There are lots of women out there.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:45 PM

743 posts, read 832,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I totally agree with your uncle. Is this your 1st real breakup? There are lots of women out there.
I say never contact her again period. It would only inflate her ego that you are still hung up on her after all that time. Meanwhile, she has moved on and probably been around the block already.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Lots of women. But not many that I want.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:51 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I say never contact her again period. It would only inflate her ego that you are still hung up on her after all that time. Meanwhile, she has moved on and probably been around the block already.
Hell naw, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction. You're right she's probably out getting banged as we type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships