Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM

38 posts, read 35,288 times

Advertisements

Me and my ex broke up on the 6th of February, so for the first time in 2 weeks we had a discussion (I was trying to reconcile) on Saturday, I accidentally told her I still love her and she started sobbing. She only seems to remember all the bad stuff in the relationship at the moment, nothing good. I tried bring up good moments but she would just tell me, "Stop, stop, I appreciated it, but that's not fair". It's so weird, I wish we could just sit down and talk like people but she doesn't even want to do that she said if she see's me feeling might start "rushing back".

Can anyone tell me what could possibly be going through her mind?? This whole thing is strange to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times
We can't tell you. Let her go and move on.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We can't tell you. Let her go and move on.
I will but, I love this girl. I'm not going to chase her I started NC again today. She just been cold, distant, hateful since the break up.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:34 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonp219 View Post
Me and my ex broke up on the 6th of February, so for the first time in 2 weeks we had a discussion (I was trying to reconcile) on Saturday, I accidentally told her I still love her and she started sobbing. She only seems to remember all the bad stuff in the relationship at the moment, nothing good. I tried bring up good moments but she would just tell me, "Stop, stop, I appreciated it, but that's not fair". It's so weird, I wish we could just sit down and talk like people but she doesn't even want to do that she said if she see's me feeling might start "rushing back".

Can anyone tell me what could possibly be going through her mind?? This whole thing is strange to me.
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Do you really expect anyone to be a mind reader?

Old 02-26-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Do you really expect anyone to be a mind reader?
I understand that, and I apologize for writing it that way. I just wish I had some sort of idea of what was going on, if you were reacting in this manner what options are you weighing in your head?

Old 02-26-2015, 07:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Sometimes you love someone but you know that you just aren't right together.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Chasing won't do you any good. Learn from it and grow. You are best off moving on.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Chasing won't do you any good. Learn from it and grow. You are best off moving on.
I'm not chasing her, I've only spoken to her twice since the break up and yesterday I sent her a message acknowledging the break-up. I'm not going to talk to her unless she reaches out to me, or we reconnect months from now. I know there are still feelings there, and obviously, I still have feelings for her. I think she needs to cool off, but i'm not chasing.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:56 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,607,367 times
Quote:
She just been cold, distant, hateful since the break up.

How would you know she's been cold, distant and hateful since the break up if you're not still trying to contact her? Move on already. Nothing cements a break up like being clingy afterwards.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:01 PM

535 posts, read 515,477 times
Quote:
Me and my ex broke up on the 6th of February, so for the first time in 2 weeks we had a discussion (I was trying to reconcile) on Saturday, I accidentally told her I still love her and she started sobbing.
Lie. You told her that because you want to get back together. It wasn't an accident, you said it on purpose.

Quote:
She only seems to remember all the bad stuff in the relationship at the moment, nothing good. I tried bring up good moments but she would just tell me, "Stop, stop, I appreciated it, but that's not fair".
That's because she wants to break up. She does remember the good times, but the bad outweighed the good and she's trying to stay strong in her decision.

Quote:
It's so weird, I wish we could just sit down and talk like people but she doesn't even want to do that she said if she see's me feeling might start "rushing back".
Right. She wants to make (and has already made) a logical decision and wants to stick to it, not get it muddled by overwhelming emotions.

I have no idea why you broke up, but she wants to stay broken up. Stop manipulating her emotions and let her go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships