Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 933 times

Advertisements

usually when a girl dumps me i have no problem getting over it. i just say ok and dont bother reaching out to her though

this last girl though i have been having trouble

we got along so well an i love her aot and felt like she was the one.

after she dumped me, i begged for her back and got her back but she left me again. then i just came off as annoying always texting her and wondering why it ended. i could tell she was getting frustrated but i didnt care

then one day i realized what i was doing and i asked if i was being annoyine. she aid yes and i apologized and said i dont kno what got into me that wasnt my intention

looking bakc i cant figure it out

why was i like this? because i was in love with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM

34 posts, read 36,492 times
because you thought she was the one

Old 03-05-2015, 07:39 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,302 times
Do you get dumped often? I'm just curious because you opened with "usually when a girl dumps me" as though it's a regular thing...

Old 03-05-2015, 07:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Clearly because you were more invested than you've been in the past.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:30 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Clearly because you were more invested than you've been in the past.
This! This can be a turning point in your life. Sit back and evaluate what created the break up in the first place. Your OP makes it sound like you have had this happen before, so are you someone who takes relationships for granted? If so, if you learn from this last one, you can adjust the way you treat a woman. Also take note, that women don't like to be smothered with affection as a last resort to gain them back.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:18 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
You should have just left with your balls.

You didn't.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:53 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,559 times
Don't beat yourself up. Your reaction is normal and typical of what many people--men and women--do after someone they deeply care about breaks up with them. I have had my heart broken in the past and sadly, I have broken a few as well. It sounds like possibly the way this woman broke up with you was abrupt and you were unprepared although you may have known there were problems in your relationship with her.
The next move now which would be in your best interest, would be for you to go through the natural stages. You are experiencing disbelief. Soon you may feel some anger and then you will eventually feel acceptance. This is not to say that you will not be feeling down and other emotions for a good while, just not as bad as now. Your mind just needs time to adjust to not having someone who you trusted and thought was so very special not in your life anymore. Give yourself time to get over her. Stay busy doing other things unrelated to things you did with her and that remind you of her. Take down and remove any pictures and other things that bring her and memories back. (Even if you tuck them away in a box and put them on a closet shelf somewhere). Hang out with good friends who will support you and help you through this. Believe me, all of this will help you and not prolong the pain you are going through.
You will feel better. Not away, but it will happen. And just remember.....one day you will look back and feel grateful for the breakup, because it freed you to be with another woman who you will be happier with.

(And funymann---you were not very "funny" nor very kind in your posting.)

Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,331,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam89johnson View Post
after she dumped me, i begged for her back and got her back but she left me again. then i just came off as annoying always texting her and wondering why it ended. i could tell she was getting frustrated but i didnt care
Wow, I don't know why she dumped you, because you certainly seem like a catch.

You should get over her, leave her alone, and carry on.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam89johnson View Post
usually when a girl dumps me i have no problem getting over it. i just say ok and dont bother reaching out to her though

this last girl though i have been having trouble

we got along so well an i love her aot and felt like she was the one.

then one day i realized what i was doing and i asked if i was being annoyine. she aid yes and i apologized and said i dont kno what got into me that wasnt my intention

looking bakc i cant figure it out

why was i like this? because i was in love with her?
Because you were really into her?

It happens. Just give yourself time to get over it and move on. Onward and upward. Plenty of women you've yet to meet.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:12 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
this is an odd phenomena in some guys

on one day he could break up with the lady and he might be ok,,, as long as HE is the one doing the breaking up

if,,, she breaks up with him first,,,he is all taken aback, surprised, betrayed, - hurt his EGO

this is a sign of maturity/immaturity

oddly, sometimes it takes a kick in the nuts,,,and a wave goodbye before a guy will truly appreciate this lady, and not take her for granted

its good for a guy to be hurt,,,,heart-broke, sometimes feels like your heart is ripped right out
only then will he appreciate a good woman...

sometimes you gotta cry to enjoy the laughter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships