Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,715,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon75 View Post
Uh, I would like to at least get to know you before you shove your thing in me. Rather important to me that we connect really well first. I do not get the by date X, you must do this or that or GTFO. If you need it that bad, then go pay for it. Geez. If I'm seeking a "relationship", I'm looking forward to getting to know you. If it's a random hookup, then that is what it is.
Sadly, there are some singles out there, trying to turn the whole singles scene into a meat market. That's not going to happen. Just as some men refused to be rushed for a monogamous commitment, some women don't want to have sex without a monagamous commitment...or even marriage. Not everyone is into the hookup. Some singles need to get a grip and accept the fact that some women are either abstinent or want to proceed with intimacy slowly. A woman is not a dastardly villain because she feels this way. In an earlier day, she used to get respect for being respectable...now just ridicule. The selfishness and predatory irresponsible behavior/attitudes has reached out of control proportions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 12:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,872,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't put out until a serious relationship. And I mean like, you're thinking of proposing serious.

Sex makes babies and I will not even risk a pregnancy with someone I can't see a future with.
Same here. I can't help but wonder if these guys who want it before or right after the third date are the same men who then dump a woman who they got pregnant. Sex often means babies even with birth control.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Good on you. I guess that means I won't see you as the Sad Girl OP in one of these CD threads entitled,

"I Can't Believe He Bailed On Me After I Gave Him The Sex He Wanted"

or,

"I Slept With Him...Why Doesn't He Want Me Now?"
Yeah we always see those threads and there is a double standard which us sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
This is why I got a vasectomy.....I knew that the way I lived my life back then, would pay me back with three daughters! With boys, all I'd have to worry about is 1 D in town. With girls you have to worry about all of them

As for the OP, IME when it came to dates and "HP", if I met these women irl, it would take more dates. It seemed that all the women I met using OLD took less time. Honestly, most that I met using OLD did it on the first time we met. I think it has to do with the online courtship. When I am interested in someone online, you have to be pretty interesting. It's too easy to ignore someone, so you have to be able to "dazzle" them with conversation. Because it's important for safety reasons, you may find yourself investing a lot of energy throughout this courtship. Women love to be mentally stimulated, intellectually and sexually. If you can hit that double out of the park, you are in! By the time you meet her for the first time, I think it's just a matter of being who you said you were. If you were honest with your presentation, I found that women were very willing to get intimate, the first night.
I hear this but I wonder why people rush on a first date or sometimes first meeting. One doesn't even know the person then.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:34 PM

718 posts, read 614,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Same here. I can't help but wonder if these guys who want it before or right after the third date are the same men who then dump a woman who they got pregnant. Sex often means babies even with birth control.
Um no. Sex with birth control often means no babies.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,820,464 times
Quote:
I hear this but I wonder why people rush on a first date or sometimes first meeting. One doesn't even know the person then.

So what?

I greatly prefer sex with someone I know well and am comfortable with, but not everyone does. The experiences are certainly different, and enjoyable sex can be had with people you've known for years, or with someone you just met and will never see again. I know more than a few people that actually prefer the latter (more straight women and gay men, curiously). Each to their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Yeah, I don't get this. Pregnancy is really easy avoid. You need to mess up to get "accidentally" pregnant or "accidentally" impregnate someone.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:35 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,560,785 times
Quote:
I'm going to tell the next guy I go out with that I'm looking to get pregnant soon to see how he reacts.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
For me one of the first three dates would be awesome, I'm not a hit it and quit it kinda guy unless you're a dead f--- when it comes to it, or just lame andprudish. Ultimately I will wait nonger than a month- 30 days. I believe I've given enough time and effort to have earned some poontang. I refuse to be with a person whi waits longer than that, I'd rather avoid the cobwebs, and moths flying to the light.
What happens if you get them pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
many...wedding night preferably...lol
yes there is a double standard and yes I embrace it
Good luck with that thinking and come out of the 50's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
This is perfect...if your life is a chick flick, and you are Rachel mcadams and your dating whats his face from the notebook...ugh horrible horrible film...but it aint...

I am generally speaking,,,but if a woman is dating a man for a long time...using your time line and progression, chances are he is sleeping with someone else waiting for you to get through this timeline

I remember the wife of a friend bragging about how her man waited a year for sex, they dated a year and he waited for her...and how all us other men are pigs...and we all knew he was banging everything in site waiting for this year to be up...not justifying it, its just reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's hilarious! You do realize that a lot of guys can't even get one date, let alone juggle 2 or 3 women at a time? You've been watching too much Charlie Sheen.
This idea that a man is sleeping with someone else is funny. My boyfriend wants to wait for sex and it's not because he's getting it somewhere else. In fact he considers it something special.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
I've known people on birth control who have gotten pregnant.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So what?

I greatly prefer sex with someone I know well and am comfortable with, but not everyone does. The experiences are certainly different, and enjoyable sex can be had with people you've known for years, or with someone you just met and will never see again. I know more than a few people that actually prefer the latter (more straight women and gay men, curiously). Each to their own
But then both people have to be on the same wave length.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,820,464 times
Quote:
But then both people have to be on the same wave length.

Ok, that's not hard to accomplish

(Though I think I was late 30s before I ever heard women talking about date saving sex, and I would guess the dudes in those cases really thought they liked them, I would have.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships