Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 01:15 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Sadly, there are some singles out there, trying to turn the whole singles scene into a meat market. That's not going to happen. Just as some men refused to be rushed for a monogamous commitment, some women don't want to have sex without a monagamous commitment...or even marriage. Not everyone is into the hookup. Some singles need to get a grip and accept the fact that some women are either abstinent or want to proceed with intimacy slowly. A woman is not a dastardly villain because she feels this way. In an earlier day, she used to get respect for being respectable...now just ridicule. The selfishness and predatory irresponsible behavior/attitudes has reached out of control proportions.
I tend to agree with this. I can't imagine assigning an arbitrary day or date to "must have had sex by" in order for a relationship to continue. Actually, I think people who are relationship minded aren't hellbent on sex within the first three dates if they're looking to build an actual relationship, not just get off.

Personally, I think you should know if you have the attraction and desire to want to early on, or you may be with the wrong person. But the desire doesn't have to translate into actually doing it before you feel you want to, whether that's date 2, date 10, whether a week or a month has passed, whether you know things about that person or don't know anything beyond their first name. It's an individual preference, and a decision a couple should make together. Anyone willing to walk away because of no sex after a couple of dates is probably not the person you're meant to be with anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 01:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It seems like people have accidental pregnancies all the time. IUDs, birth control pills, and condoms do fail. If I were going to have sex with someone, we would need to be prepared for and accepting of a possible pregnancy.
I know people who have gotten pregnant after a vasectomy and tubals let alone other methods. Pregnant while on the pill is common because many people don't use it correctly such as using other medication. Condoms break too. I was always fearful of pregnancy. I knew I would have issues with abortion and adoption but didn't want to be a single mom.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
I'm going to tell the next guy I go out with that I'm looking to get pregnant soon to see how he reacts.
You'll scare him off.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know people who have gotten pregnant after a vasectomy and tubals let alone other methods. Pregnant while on the pill is common because many people don't use it correctly such as using other medication. Condoms break too. I was always fearful of pregnancy. I knew I would have issues with abortion and adoption but didn't want to be a single mom.
I took birth control pills briefly in the past, but I don't take anything currently. If I'm going to have sex, I want the babies that I'm meant to have.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You'll scare him off.
I think that's the point she was making, as in if he wants sex early she'll get pregnant. That's certainly my point. I'm not saying to have sex only after marriage, but that this idea of rushing seems weird. I get that for some it works but many others are paying the price. When I did online I was astounded how many people had kids by several people they never married. That is a tragedy.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I took birth control pills briefly in the past, but I don't take anything currently. If I'm going to have sex, I want the babies that I'm meant to have.
That's how I feel. When I marry we will not use birth control. If we are meant to have kids we will but if not we won't.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
"Meant to"

WTF???

Old 03-02-2015, 02:17 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And it doesn't take very long to make hanky panky either.
Minute man?

Old 03-02-2015, 02:52 PM

366 posts, read 410,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
This. I know a lady who got pregnant after a tubal and I got pregnant while correctly using birth control. Women get "accidentally" pregnant all the time. Yes, some is user error but not all.

If pregnancy does not scare you, disease should. I'm not saying no one should have sex, I'm just saying having sex with multiple partners all the time, for example every time you go on a date, is a real risk. But you all can have fun with your kids or herpes (condoms don't stop the herpes virus shedding, even before a visible outbreak).

Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
This. I know a lady who got pregnant after a tubal and I got pregnant while correctly using birth control. Women get "accidentally" pregnant all the time. Yes, some is user error but not all.

If pregnancy does not scare you, disease should. I'm not saying no one should have sex, I'm just saying having sex with multiple partners all the time, for example every time you go on a date, is a real risk. But you all can have fun with your kids or herpes (condoms don't stop the herpes virus shedding, even before a visible outbreak).
I had a patient who was told she had gotten a tubal during a c-section for baby #3. Well she was back for baby #4. Turns out that tubal didn't actually happen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships