Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:21 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Is it true you girls only wear your best and sexiest panties on the nights when ya think you might be getting lucky? And then the rest of the just wear grannies or old grungy ones?
That's funny! I think it's totally true, and would snicker whenever some female told me she "never did this" and was wearing a hot panty/bra combo, waxed and ready to roll. The one's who said they "never did this before" and were wearing cotton grannies, along with the unkept "you know" were telling the truth. Never met anyone who had grungy one's, women aren't typically known to turn em inside out, and wear em another day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 05:38 PM

13,643 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
... So, if I was not interested in hanky panky with a particular gentleman, there was no second date. Why waste time?
"Wasting time" is the building of mutual rapport. There might be mutual sexual attraction, but too rapid of a passage to sexual intimacy is fraught with all sorts of risk. Taking one's time is a form of risk-management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
...I think you know in the first 5 minutes of meeting someone if you are interested or not. You might not intend to get to the hanky panky right then, but you know. You might change your mind from yes to no after you get to know them better. But I don't think you change your mind from no to yes.
The countervailing argument, frequently voiced on this Forum, is that quite often there is no initial physical attraction, but over time and continued association, such attraction eventually develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
... By the time you meet her for the first time, I think it's just a matter of being who you said you were. If you were honest with your presentation, I found that women were very willing to get intimate, the first night.
I've not personally observed this to be the case. On the contrary, I've found that while many first-dates conclude with a passionate kiss, further escalation of intimacy on successive dates is very slow. In other words, there is good evidence (at least by appearances) of mutual sexual attraction, but the passage from attraction to action, so to speak, can take months - or never happen at all.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Vogel View Post
Is it true you girls only wear your best and sexiest panties on the nights when ya think you might be getting lucky? And then the rest of the just wear grannies or old grungy ones?
Old ones are for Aunt flow.lol!

Sexy undies are for the man we want.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
For me one of the first three dates would be awesome, I'm not a hit it and quit it kinda guy unless you're a dead f--- when it comes to it, or just lame andprudish. Ultimately I will wait nonger than a month- 30 days. I believe I've given enough time and effort to have earned some poontang. I refuse to be with a person whi waits longer than that, I'd rather avoid the cobwebs, and moths flying to the light.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,486 times
Usually people profess a different standard depending on if the other person is "relationship material" or "non-relationship material" and with these kinds of people it is better to present yourself as hookup material then transition into a relationship, unless you want to be the person wining and dining and waiting 10 dates for sex while they bang casuals on the regular.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Usually people profess a different standard depending on if the other person is "relationship material" or "non-relationship material" and with these kinds of people it is better to present yourself as hookup material then transition into a relationship, unless you want to be the person wining and dining and waiting 10 dates for sex while they bang casuals on the regular.
lol but if you are the one who wants meaning then you should actually not get involved with someone once you discover they don't want that, don't you think?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:54 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
lol but if you are the one who wants meaning then you should actually not get involved with someone once you discover they don't want that, don't you think?
I agree. What he is saying is he doesn't want to be the chump that wines and dines while someone while they are sleeping with their FWBs. I think this happens in some cultures more than others.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If you had an 18-yo daughter, how many dates would you expect her to go on before she would allow hanky-pankying done to her?
many...wedding night preferably...lol
yes there is a double standard and yes I embrace it

Old 02-28-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
You see, guys, this thread is EXACTLY why I am not interested in dating.

Everyone in this thread seems to think that the evolution of a relationship should go like this:
  1. complete stranger
  2. some arbitrary number of romantic dates, no contact in between
  3. sex
  4. LTR followed by marriage/kids if they are interested
Here is how I think it should be:
  1. stranger
  2. platonic acquaintance
  3. platonic friends for months or years
  4. FWB
  5. LTR followed by marriage/kids if you want that
See the problem you guys are having is that you are debating how many times you should meet someone who is a stranger before you have sex with them. I don't like that idea. I would prefer to get to know them as friends, and become close friends, and then have sex with my close friend. And if we continue to do it then we're in a long term relationship.

That way you never have this stuff about "have I gone on enough dates to have sex with this person?". You should already know them if you are spending time for romantic purposes! They shouldn't' be a stranger!I don't see how it can be meaningful if you're sleeping with someone you just met three dates ago and have no platonic history with them at all.
This is perfect...if your life is a chick flick, and you are Rachel mcadams and your dating whats his face from the notebook...ugh horrible horrible film...but it aint...

I am generally speaking,,,but if a woman is dating a man for a long time...using your time line and progression, chances are he is sleeping with someone else waiting for you to get through this timeline

I remember the wife of a friend bragging about how her man waited a year for sex, they dated a year and he waited for her...and how all us other men are pigs...and we all knew he was banging everything in site waiting for this year to be up...not justifying it, its just reality

Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 AM

Also to clarify...I waited a month for my wife...lmao...and we went out 1-3 times a week so count them...however...there was physical intimacy (kissing touching, hugging, necking I guess you call it if your old like me lol) immediately...the spark was there and we both knew it...

when single I dated a few girls that by the third date there was still no kiss good night, she wanted to be friends first, but go ahead and pay for another date please...phhhhhhhtttttt

That is when I instituted my new rule....if there is no kiss at the end of the 1rst date, no sign of a "spark" or whatever...IF there is a second date we are going dutch...it wasn't so much about the money, this endured she didn't waste my time on a 3rd date for a free meal or concert or whatever unless she was in...

I also had a few long term relationships where sex happened the first date, and one the night we met, that lasted 2 years and started out a one night fling...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships