Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Dewdrop covers it to some extent. Female member of a rock band? Sure, super hot to men.

Classical musician, particularly one where attention isn't specifically drawn? Not nearly as much. It'll vary a bit by demographic, as everything does...but I wouldn't put the two together as the "same" category, even though they're both musicians.
That probably depends on the dude. My son is really into female violinists. Of course he plays viola, so orchestra is his thing and it is a common ground...but he is pretty obsessed with Lindsay Stirling.

So this thread made me remember, I was watching one of those culinary challenge shows on, I dunno, Food Network probably, and they announced, "Thierry Muret, Executive Chef Chocolatier for Godiva Chocolate." I told my husband, "Oh my God that might have been the sexiest thing I have ever heard..."

I was kidding.

Sort of.

As for guy musicians I'd say that it depends...sexy would be a musician of the kind of music I actually like. But least sexy would be one who performs music I can't stand. If you are a rock and metal fan, you're not going to want to date a country crooner or an aspiring rapper.

I'm not especially interested in artists, because I'm an artist and I'm kind of sensitive about my work. When I begin a piece, I'm not comfortable showing it because in its early stages, it's vulnerable...it's like a baby thing, and it can't be shared until it's established itself as what it will be...and I do not collaborate well. At all. I make friends with other artists and they talk about wanting to work together on something, and I'm like... No.

I also find it very sexy when a man builds things, fixes things, and generally is capable and handy, knows his way around a garage full of tools.

And I agree with the person who mentioned massage therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 04:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Well, isn't this a minefield of a question?

I have no idea what's sexy. Bruce Wayne. He's sexy.

I can say that law enforcement, fire-fighting, and the military are not all they're cracked up to be. Pro athletes, politicians, and (famous) musicians tend to be incapable of monogamy, so they're out. Artists, actors, dancers, and writers tend to be headcases, so they're out, too. (And I say this as a writer, and a daughter of an artist.) Never really got into the whole "rugged" bit, with mechanics, carpenters, cowboys, or craftsmen. Models, media people, and people in the fitness industry are entirely too vain. I don't know that I could ever fully trust a lawyer or salesman. Teachers don't do anything for me, and wouldn't like me anyway because I don't particularly find children fascinating or endearing as a population. I'm lousy with money, so accountants would get on my last nerve. Engineers and IT people are okay, but they would have to have a darker side, like they really belong to Anonymous or they're secret goths who run traveling S&M shows on the weekends.

Have I managed to offend everyone on this board yet?

Old 03-05-2015, 04:58 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think it depends on what kind of musician. I'm a singer/musical theatre performer - and it's definitely seemed to have been an attraction for a lot of men. A woman oboe player? Not so sure.
try a flute,,,,takes mouth/lips and hand coordination

the guys will be lining up!

Old 03-05-2015, 05:53 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
try a flute,,,,takes mouth/lips and hand coordination

the guys will be lining up!
Clarinet is even better.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Clarinet is even better.
But a piccolo is more applicable.

Zing! Sorry.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, I met a lot of guys that seemed fascinated by my being a musical theatre performer.
Are you really? That's great. I wish I had the courage to do that.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Engineering is likely one of the least romantically-appealing profession (for men). Engineers are parsimonious, punctilious, and dry. Their humor (if present at all) is sophomoric and unoriginal. Their fashion-sense is utterly lacking. Their primary devotion is to their jobs. They're the antithesis of "cool". And they're arrantly socially-conservative. That at least is the stereotype.
No, ohio, it isn't a stereotype.

My ex is an engineer ( undergraduate in electrical; master's in mechanical). Sadly, your description is pretty darn accurate (though his fashion sense has GREATLY improved, thanks to me ).

Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Musician tends to work well for men. Not so much for women musicians, though.
Wouldn't touch a creative type with a ten foot pole, man or woman.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 PM

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Firemen, Service members, Paramedics, Cops etc.
Basically, men in uniforms.
ouuff.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Gimme a high level, well-read STEM or finance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships