Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:42 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,195,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I disagree with the premise entirely. Both are equally devastating.
Whichever, and whatever kind of cheating you experience is the worst. Maybe if you've experienced both you can have a real opinion, otherwise, it's ALL bad! And they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive - I don't believe even for men that most affairs are "just sex" - that's just what they say to get their woman off their back and to take them back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 02:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,207,402 times
For me its the Ick factor.

I don't wish to rub parts with someone whos rubbed parts with some skank.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:51 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,143,134 times
Because if mental cheating was considered as heinous, very few relationships would last long at all.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:01 PM

75 posts, read 57,267 times
When it comes down to it actual sex is a real action that can be quantified. It happened. You get into gray area with emotional fixations. I think it's better to say betrayal is betrayal regardless of the form. If you are doing something that would betray your relationship or partner that is bad. Period. Saying one is worse than the other is just an EXCUSE people tell themselves and others to make it seem not as bad.

"It's just sex."

"We didn't have sex."

Old 03-07-2015, 04:02 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,645,726 times
I think an emotional relationship will eventually turn to sexual. Bad for both.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,966,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
To put it differently, which would you be more likely to tolerate and give you more of a reason to repair the relationship?

Neither, for me there is no repair after any type of cheating.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:07 PM

718 posts, read 613,250 times
Emotional affairs are usually more detrimental to marriages due to the feelings involved. These relationships are supercharged with emotion and sexual tension, and they exercise a powerful influence in the lives of the participants. Giving more time, energy, and attention to someone outside of the marriage cheats the spouse of intimacy and robs the marriage of energy.

It's not just sex anymore, it's who they are.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:08 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,281,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Emotional affairs are worse, imo. It's heart wrenching watching your partner fall out of love with you, and fall in love with someone else; it's a slow and very painful process.

Sex is just sex, and can be done without affection.
IMO this is the truth, however, understandably, other's who value sex for more, would probably disagree.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:21 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,415,444 times
This principle originates from the Bible. While there are not specific scriptures that address the issues, it does advise us to "Deaden, therefore, our body members as respects sexual appetite." (Colossians 3:5) But Rather than deadening wrong desires, dwelling on or lusting after someone else only enhances them. So when we "keep on looking at another person with sexual desire, we have already cheated with them in our heart", which can trigger lust thoughts that lead to heartaches. But this isn't an easy thing to avoid, especially if our heart is not committed, devoted to our partner.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:42 PM

140 posts, read 265,557 times
I disagree. Sexual cheating is more dangerous because of the fact that you can catch the itchy scratchies, but it's not more hurtful. Sex is just see. Humans are animals and we get carnal urges and people sometimes have moments of weakness when they are horney. That can be forgiven.

What can't be forgiven Is loving someone else and having feelings for someone else.

I'm not naive enough to believe I have the monopoly on who my partner is sexually attracted too..being in love doesn't mean you can control your thoughts and sometimes stuff happens. However emotional cheating means that I don't have the monopoly on your feelings, which I do expect.

For instance if I found out my significant other got trashed and slept with someone one time, I could forgive it.

However if my significant other was messaging someone on the computer and said "I love you" even if they hadn't ever met, I would be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships