Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times

Advertisements

Call off the engagement. You aren't ready, and you have identified a major relationship hurdle not likely to go away (your mother-in-law doesn't like you or is a bi$#%).

As an older man I now realize that family compatibility is of extreme importance for any marriage to stay together. Where compatibility is in question, I say it's time to move on! You may be able to make it work, but in all seriousness, you have a lot of issues to deal with, most of all that you even have unspoken "doubts" making you scared.

Marriage is a legal contract, do not enter into it lightly. I'd rather see you guys live together and not work out because divorce sucks and is expensive not just financially but also emotionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 03:47 PM

290 posts, read 567,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
1. If you're not rushing into marriage (you did say in your first post that you were getting married in three month's time ) and you're "maybe scared", I'm more confused than ever.
2. If you need to ask forum strangers their opinion on whether your boyfriend is serious or not, more confusion.

Everything you're saying is contradictory. You sound like two kids playing grownup games.
1. Im not rushing but he proposed to me and I love him so I agreed to marry him. Hes a great guy. Alot of people think Im lucky that he chose me.

2. I know hes serious thats why Im lucky to have someone like him who loves me.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Yes he did. He took me ring shopping but I havent picked a ring yet because Im not rushing to get married or maybe Im scared..Idk. We filed an application for a marriage license the other day( his idea to do it).. So I think it shows hes serious right?
What? You're asking if he's serious? You shouldn't get married. You are not ready. It doesn't sound as if you and your boyfriend have a very close, intimate relationship at all. This all sounds bizarre and weird to me.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Yes he did. He took me ring shopping but I havent picked a ring yet because Im not rushing to get married or maybe Im scared..Idk. We filed an application for a marriage license the other day( his idea to do it).. So I think it shows hes serious right?
But... you said you were getting married in 3 months and you're worried about your future inlaws thinking of you as part of the family.

I'm perplexed by this.

Why get a license if you aren't gonna get married?

Old 03-08-2015, 05:00 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
1. Im not rushing but he proposed to me and I love him so I agreed to marry him. Hes a great guy. Alot of people think Im lucky that he chose me.

2.I know hes serious thats why Im lucky to have someone like him who loves me.
1. Arranging to get married in 3 months and you're not rushing? You don't agree to marry someone just because they ask you and they're "a great guy" - and certainly not because "a lot of people" think you're lucky that he chose you. Think about it.

2. He's serious but you had to have forum contributors confirm that for you?

How do your parents/family feel about this?

I do wish you would read back on what you've written as you say one thing and then another and one post contradicts another in such quick succession that it's a real head-spinner trying to sort out fact from fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships