Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:50 PM

468 posts, read 483,659 times

Advertisements

I think if you can afford it, go with the 'king size', it always the best.

For the first 2 weeks of my marriage. Me and my husband sleep in my single 'twin size' mattress bed. Yes, two adults sleep in one twin size bed, that is just awful!!
I live alone with a poodle, so this single twin size bed was what I always sleep in.... But now with hubby who is 6’1 in it. I have no space to twist and turn freely, so sometimes I accidently kick him during my sleep…. Being a petite 4'11 girl, my kick didn’t make him fall off the bed, but it does wake him up. He’s not even mad, he just smile and told me to go back to sleep.

Finally after 2 weeks, I talk hubby into bring his big bed to my place. Now we sleep more comfy; when he at work, I get to lay in his big bed, rolling around and playing with my laptop, Lol!
btw, the bed is big but it is not king size. We plan to get a 'king size' one when we buy our house; we be having enough money for house down-payment by the end of this year, Yah!! I prefer king size bed.

BUT even now with his bed, I still move and turns alot in sleep. The other night, I rolled around, and my arm accidently hit him. Not counting the times when I kick him too, Lol!
My husband is a light sleeper, he pretty much sleep in one position the whole night and he doesn’t move much….He is the “Street smart” type of guy so being a light sleeper is probably just his nature; he is quite alert too, little sound outside or little movement he would notice.
Usually with light sleeper, they easily awake by like everyting…. And he working 12-14 hours shift everyday, so he doesn't get full sleep all night, poor guy.

One time I had my leg on my husband's shoulder, I dunno how it got there. That must be a wide turn for a petite size girl like me, Lol!!….. Prfffff, wonder why he didn’t move my leg, and just let me sleep in that weird position, lol

Last edited by ishe; 03-08-2015 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
It doesn't matter much how large you guys are; it's what you do in bed that influences your suitable bed size. Do you guys find yourselves rolling over while sleeping or mostly staying in one place throughout the sleep? If you both tend to stay still, a queen size is plenty. If on the other hand, either of you is a roller, then you definitely need a king. Since you find yourself at the edge of the bed quite often, I'm guessing you guys belong to the second type, and if so, a king size or even a larger size bed will be the best fit.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:22 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
The question is relative...........how large are the 2 ppl?

It's good I have always fit with my SO on a queen.

With apts. the size they are I don't believe a king would fit in some of these places.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
We have a queen. Our BR is large enough for a king in terms of dimensions, but in practice, it would be awkward due to the window locations. We have always had a queen and we have a ton of room. Neither of us are the type to sprawl out while asleep and the only other creature in bed with us is the cat.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:24 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We have a queen. Our BR is large enough for a king in terms of dimensions, but in practice, it would be awkward due to the window locations. We have always had a queen and we have a ton of room. Neither of us are the type to sprawl out while asleep and the only other creature in bed with us is the cat.
We have a King sized bed and it's a big boy... we have a large bedroom so it works fine. We used to have our kitty and he would usually sleep next to me... and by that I mean we'd share a spine as I'd lay on my side and he'd be stretched out the entire length of my back he's stretch so long that he'd be as thin as rail.

He would practically be under me, if I moved a couple of degrees from 90 he'd have been dead, that's how attached he'd be to my back.......

I miss his hot little furry body.....

TMI, I'm sure, but it is what it is.....

Old 03-08-2015, 11:31 PM

53 posts, read 66,854 times
Way more than big enough unless one or both people are morbidly obese. Mine is a queen and I only use probably 1/3 of it.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Plenty big for me at 6' with any woman I spent a lot of time in bed with.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:47 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,065 times
My husband and I have always had a queen bed. It is big enough for us. I use king size flat sheets and blanket hogging is never an issue. Neither of us is small, really. Our room is large enough for a king bed, but we have just never desired one.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:20 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,379 times
I've always had a queen and it's never been a problem.

At one point, I bought 2 single blankets so we each had our own!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
We've always had a full size bed, since that's about all we have room for. He's 5'9 and jacked, while I'm 4'10 and slight... and it can be a tight squeeze for us, mainly because I go to bed a lot later than he does, and by that time he's already sprawled out by that point. Otherwise it is enough room, so I can imagine a queen would be fine as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships