Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Does anyone actually BELIEVE in Taco Guy?

Cos im fairly sure I don't...
Why would she make him up?

Old 03-12-2015, 01:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm an alcoholic, so here's my take on it:

He's about to have a relapse. He wants to get you married and pregnant so he can still drink, and you won't leave him because you're "Catholic".
THIS is worth paying heed to, OP.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
If your boyfriend wants you to have his baby, he should marry you. Better for you and better for the baby.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm an alcoholic, so here's my take on it:

He's about to have a relapse. He wants to get you married and pregnant so he can still drink, and you won't leave him because you're "Catholic".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You know, it's not uncommon for alcoholics to have illusions of grandiosity, and not be grounded in reality. I think he wants to play the traditional breadwinner, and provide for a family, which he's clearly not cut out to do, not to mention the fact that these days, it's realistic only for people making 6 figures, usually. The 50's lifestyle died when wages became stagnant, and the various recessions in the previous decades put the nails in the coffin. He can't afford to support 3 people, contribute to the baby's college fund, and contribute to retirement savings for both of you. He hasn't thought about all that, I'm sure. He's just living with his fantasy. This is a red flag, among all the other red flags.
Yeah it is possible he is having illusions or wants to make sure he keeps me if he relapses. Just for the record I have no plans to get pregnant unless we are married and he stays sober. Even then it's a question.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:39 PM

252 posts, read 349,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah it is possible he is having illusions or wants to make sure he keeps me if he relapses. Just for the record I have no plans to get pregnant unless we are married and he stays sober. Even then it's a question.
If I remember correctly, he was blase about the relationship. You chased him forever. Now Taco Man wants you to have a baby?

My experience with alcoholics is that they do not think in the most logical and predictable ways. They come up with some really goofy things because their perception is so warped. This is a well known trait of alcoholics ..... be careful. Don't let your desperation to be married make you lie to yourself. I'm not saying this is going on, just be careful.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
You should wait until menopause to get married. The longer you wait the better this all turns out for everyone

Old 03-13-2015, 10:01 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
If I remember correctly, he was blase about the relationship. You chased him forever. Now Taco Man wants you to have a baby?

My experience with alcoholics is that they do not think in the most logical and predictable ways. They come up with some really goofy things because their perception is so warped. This is a well known trait of alcoholics ..... be careful. Don't let your desperation to be married make you lie to yourself. I'm not saying this is going on, just be careful.
I am so glad you posted this. Alcoholics in the throes of their disease will play havoc your heart, your peace of mind, your money, your security, your safety, your life, your credit, your reputation...and I'm just getting started! And she will be tied to this man by virtue of a small baby and a legal marriage. A man with no conscience, no self-control, no maturity...does he really deserve to be a father? I don't think so.

Someone please help OP understand her time and her youth are a valuable commodity. Only the foolish waste it on someone who will set them back in their life.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:18 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times
I thought she was in her mid-40s already?

Old 03-13-2015, 06:36 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I thought she was in her mid-40s already?
yeah, early to mid 40s, I forget.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 PM

339 posts, read 334,413 times
Your boyfriend?

What ever happened to getting married and being financially secure before having kids?

Or is that too old-fashioned for you?

Wild guess: you grew-up in a single-parent home??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships