Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

I'm writing a list of good outcomes that could from this and, by God, I have nothing. Just leave her alone, there is no reason to contact her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 11:57 AM

387 posts, read 588,872 times
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!

Old 03-11-2015, 12:34 PM

780 posts, read 678,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!
Thanks! Now I have this song stuck in my head lol

As for the OP, she will think you will want to get back together and even if you, there has got to be a reason than just "hi".

My ex and I ended in a civil term. He knew the reasons why it had to end. Years later, he messaged me out of the blue just to say hi or something, it is just the weirdest thing. I would rather him message me because he needs a favour (legit favour), than just say hi, hope I'm doing well. It got awkward because the "hi" turned into a conversation, we became "friends" again (online), but that's a dangerous ground to be in since we both have someone so I cut it off. (He thinks it's fine, I don't.) There's just no benefit to saying "hi" to someone you don't intend on being friends with again. Unless you're ok with being friends with the ex...that's a different topic lol.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
I emailed an ex once and he never replied. I don't see any harm in it really. I just wouldn't expect it to go anywhere, and there is a strong possibility she will never respond. So don't get disappointed if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I hear what you're saying. I do. But, you are a female. Its easier for women to write off exes as if they never existed. Why? Because its easier for them to move on. Why? Because they don't have to really try to get someone else. So I do understand what you're saying and you do make a valid point, but your advice doesn't really help me much.

It would be cool to hear from people who have a soul, and that have had exes with whom they shared a LTR with.
wow, since you can read women's minds, teach me your power since I would like to know what men are thinking.

But really stop with this nonsense. I guess the four months it took me to get over my last ex, depression and ten pounds lost pales in comparison to every man

Old 03-12-2015, 03:59 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Anyone that still tries to contact an ex simply isn't completely over that person.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:00 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Anyone that still tries to contact an ex simply isn't completely over that person.
Yeah, that's not true.

I have had plenty of exes from long ago contact me, and vice versa. My ex from college wrote me a sweet email on Valentine's Day about his memories of our Valentine's Day when I took his virginity he is happily married with children, and it was nothing more than a walk down memory lane.

In fact, it's pretty sad when you do contact an ex from long ago and they don't respond. I tried to connect with an ex from high school over social media and he didn't accept. It's been decades since I broke up with you, dude. Build a bridge and get over it.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Yeah, that's not true.

I have had plenty of exes from long ago contact me, and vice versa. My ex from college wrote me a sweet email on Valentine's Day about his memories of our Valentine's Day when I took his virginity he is happily married with children, and it was nothing more than a walk down memory lane.

In fact, it's pretty sad when you do contact an ex from long ago and they don't respond. I tried to connect with an ex from high school over social media and he didn't accept. It's been decades since I broke up with you, dude. Build a bridge and get over it.
Umm, he did "get over it." To the point he felt no need to talk to you.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:16 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Umm, he did "get over it." To the point he felt no need to talk to you.
Umm, obviously not. See, when people become adults they are capable of being friends with some exes of the past. It's not like we had some major relationship and devastating breakup. It would be no different than reaching out to an old friend from high school, since that is essentially what he was.

He is the one who looks like a fool for not being able to act like an adult.

Smack your head all you want, but remind me again--which one of us is in a stable LTR and which one of us can't form relationships and has major anger issues?

Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Umm, obviously not. See, when people become adults they are capable of being friends with some exes of the past. It's not like we had some major relationship and devastating breakup. It would be no different than reaching out to an old friend from high school, since that is essentially what he was.

He is the one who looks like a fool for not being able to act like an adult.

Smack your head all you want, but remind me again--which one of us is in a stable LTR and which one of us can't form relationships and has major anger issues?
Typical CD logic, when you ain't got a point, be condescending and talk down to a poster. Add in one opinion for best results.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Typical CD logic, when you ain't got a point, be condescending and talk down to a poster. Add in one opinion for best results.
Seemed like a very clear and valid point to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships